• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shut Up and Get On It - That DUMP Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be frank: main reason is I'm pretty difficulty deaf. Something along the lines of GFZ vs RVZ I can see easily, but for something like DSZ vs CEZ someone would have to point out. That, and the game not really being able to tell you what map number you're going to would make it so you wouldn't even be able to tell.

But the more I thought about it, I suppose there isn't anything lost from at least attempting to order it by difficulty; hell, doing something because there was no reason not to try was the reason this project started. I'll attempt it!

Last edited:
You can also get people who submit to help you by having them rate their difficulty via a following scale:

1: "Tutorial"
2: "Entry level" (IE: GFZ)
3: "Easy" (IE: THZ)
4: "Normal" (IE: DS2)
5: "Moderate" (IE: CEZ)
6: "Experienced" (IE: ACZ)
7: "Challenging" (IE RVZ)
8: "Difficult" (ERZ)
9: "Megaman"

(see a theme? :P)

That way you have people who can at least give you a ballpark on where their maps should be, and you can test individually from there to figure out where in rotation to put them.

Last edited:
Please don't force me to rate Kodachrome Void a 9 because it isn't Megaman difficulty

I'd rate my stage around 3 to 4. Once the new drillas are in it will be a solid 4

also can we call difficulty 9 "Nightmare" (ATZ) instead of Megaman? There are some easy stages in Megaman after all.

Last edited:
also can we call difficulty 9 "Nightmare" (ATZ) instead of Megaman? There are some easy stages in Megaman after all.

Difficulty 9 should've been called "Megaman Zero" instead. That series is pretty difficult to beat.

As for my level, I'd rate it around 3-4.

iaNJKM.png

Download: Link
Title: Quartzite Crag Zone
Credits: Sonic Team/Sega for making base resources used in my custom textures.
Maintainer Notes: Map has rendering issues and is unfinished. Hasn't been tested in OpenGL. Music is my original composition.

A'ight guys, I've fixed the colormap at knuckles path. You can play it now without a problem.

iaNJKM.png

Maintainer Notes: Map has rendering issues and is unfinished. Hasn't been tested in OpenGL. Music is my original composition.

Well it is clear the stage is unfinished as you said. but I did have an issue with the only diagonal red spring as I had to use a charged spin dash to be able to cross the gap.

Just found a crash right by the first ring box. Was just looking down the hall as I was going towards it. Crash failed to be recreated.

Last edited:
TIME'S UP!! *Sonic 2 buzzer sound*

There's gonna probably going to be some late submissions and I'm still gonna accept them because I'm too squishy to not allow more people to join, but now's the time for me to start cramming maps together and make sure everything works in one wad.

Now's the start of the polish phase, so listen to feedback, tweak it (or don't), and be sure your final version is uploaded by August 9th!

...And don't think the pack maintainer forgot his map:

Code:
Download: [url=http://mb.srb2.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=8590&d=1469591900]Attached.[/url]
Title: Groggy Gale Zone
Credits: Song is "[url=https://modarchive.org/module.php?52496]Mountain Journey[/url]" by Supergoose
Maintainer Notes: I'm the maintainer, I already know what's up :^y

A quickly made, minimalistic map. Really short, has only two custom textures and near non-existent difficulty, but hopefully is fun to breeze through and to explore.

Attachments

• scr_groggygale.zip
    177 KB · Views: 182

I tested the level in OpenGL while being emulated with wine on a Mac with MD2s enabled and it ran smoothly.
However, I came across a see through wall and it would have to be looked at if this is present in software mode.
srb20002.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back