• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

July/August 2009 Level Design Contest Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
Due to the upcoming release of SRB2 ME, the level design contest for July/August 2009 has been cancelled. The contest will return in September/October 2009, where we will begin accepting entries designed for SRB2 ME.

I would like to ask that all level designers take this time to become acquainted with the changes in SRB2 ME. Maps from 1.09.4 will not be compatible with SRB2 ME, so I would not suggest trying to create new maps at this time.

SRB2ME is not 1.1. 1.1 has been renamed to 2.0, and is going to be a much later version.

Okay, I'm officially confused. What we need is an official announcement that clarifies the relationship between ME, the former 1.1, and all these ever-changing numbers.

Sonict said:
Wrong. You are thinking about SRB2 2.1 which like I said before will be like 1.1 since it will be everything else that couldn't make ME. SRB2ME's version number will be 2.0

Since it comes from an Admin, it think it is the truth.

The release coming out in a few days is called ME and has the version number 2.0.
The version after ME will be the final game and will have the version number 2.1.

Whoa whoa whoa...a few DAYS!? I thought it was more like a month or two.

BTW, how do we familiarize ourselves with SRB2ME levelmaking? Where can you go to find out how to do it?

fawfulfan said:
Whoa whoa whoa...a few DAYS!? I thought it was more like a month or two.

BTW, how do we familiarize ourselves with SRB2ME levelmaking? Where can you go to find out how to do it?

ME will be coming out near the end of the month, for SAGE.

Also, you can't exactly familiarize yourself yet, since it's not out. You'll have about a month after ME is released before the next contest starts, so that's when you should be learning about all of the new stuff.

glaber said:
In the mean time, can we Call the Leak 1.1?
Well, the leak had the version number 1.1 and it would make a lot of sense since it was released between 1.09.4 and 2.0.

Personally, I'm looking quite forward to SRB2 2.0 and the next OLDC, I have enough time to make a map =) 3 months on a map, hopefully I won't stay up all night to finish it like last time =/

SpiritCrusher said:
glaber said:
In the mean time, can we Call the Leak 1.1?
Well, the leak had the version number 1.1 and it would make a lot of sense since it was released between 1.09.4 and 2.0.

No, it doesn't make sense. As SRB2 1.1 has most of the features in SRB2 2.0. Minor details really shouldn't be 1.1 -> 2.0
Edit:It doesn't really matter. XD

SpiritCrusher said:
The version after ME will be the final game and will have the version number 2.1.

I remember Mystic clearly stating that there is no final version of the game. (after years of the credits saying there is =_=)

So how do you plan to familiarize your self with 2.0?

Me, I plan on porting the old levels manually so as to figure out what does what. This will also count as this years version of SRB2 Christmas as Megamix mode wil have to wait until I'm familiar with the new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back