v2.0 Match/CTF Preview (Updated July 1st, 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jellybones69 said:
I'm an idiot, so...

What's a polyobject?
IIRC A polyobject is sorta like a sector that can move in any direction and turn, but not tilt. A good example would be comparing a Door from DooM and one from Hertic/Hexen. The door from DooM can only go up or down, but the Door from Hertic/Hexen can swing open/shut.
I might be wrong though...
polyex.png

ZeldaGamer00 said:
Jellybones69 said:
I'm an idiot, so...

What's a polyobject?
IIRC A polyobject is sorta like a sector that can move in any direction and turn, but not tilt. A good example would be comparing a Door from DooM and one from Hertic/Hexen. The door from DooM can only go up or down, but the Door from Hertic/Hexen can swing open/shut.
I might be wrong though...
polyex.png

So in layman's terms, sectors that go spinny in circles? (Maybe not an accurate, or good layman's terms description, but I still get it.)
Thanks.

Collision-wise, they are very flexible. Visibility though, leaves something to be desired. They have their place, don't make them out to be more than what they really are.

Have you ever had a sector in Duke Nukem 3D leave the surrounding sector it started in? There's some really weird slime trails and other graphical errors that result from this action; I'd assume polyobjects are no different.

Spazzo said:
Polyobjects aren't something you "get around to fixing".
Polyobjects aren't the problem. They're a problem, but the real problem is OpenGL rendering itself. Which just needs one thing done, from what I understand.

glaber said:
Will texture from the Cut level Zero Ring remain?
Also what music tracks are in 2.0/ME? (Just in case I need to port a track from 1.09.4)
So any one care to answer these questions?

Rob said:
the real problem is OpenGL rendering itself.

I thought you weren't going to fix OpenGL for 2.0. Somebody said it was a hassle just to get OpenGL working for 1.09.4. Or maybe I was wrong. But I digress.

Back on topic, I have another question that'll probably get another obvious answer. Do you have to put every type of weapon ring into a match or CTF level?

Rob said:
Spazzo said:
Polyobjects aren't something you "get around to fixing".
Polyobjects aren't the problem. They're a problem, but the real problem is OpenGL rendering itself. Which just needs one thing done, from what I understand.

I think that's a pretty gross understatement. Pleasepleaseplease learn to code before you think it's so easy.

glaber said:
glaber said:
Will texture from the Cut level Zero Ring remain?
Also what music tracks are in 2.0/ME? (Just in case I need to port a track from 1.09.4)
So any one care to answer these questions?

Wait a bit and find out. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back