scr_The Emerald Isles (Updated July 23-Final 1.09.4 version)

How are these levels?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuja

http://www.4shared.com/file/120235891/14db42a0/scr_TEI25.html
(2.5)(32.5 Mb)

http://www.mediafire.com/?mj5dnqo2njy
(2.5 mirror)

http://www.4shared.com/file/58624790/dd834890/scr_TEI24a.html
(2.4 *old*)(25.9 Mb)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ekssugdq2bo
(2.4 mirror *Still old*)

This is a mod I've been working on for purely single player stages. It is a work in progress, so I plan to make seven zones in total to plow through. These are among the first stages that I've made, in order from the first zone to the last(This is no longer true, though). The levels significantly improve in quality, though(This is not necessarily true anymore, either) . There are currently 18 different levels to play.

EDIT: A new startup screen has been put in along with better item placement and OpenGL texture fixes. Most importantly, the mod has been rechristened "The Emerald Isles". It's not much, but I hope that you enjoy them at the very least.

Screen shots:

srb20020sb6.png
srb20021bj6.png

srb20032jw2.png
srb20000sk1.png

srb20024vw5.png
srb20025az1.png

srb20026cm4.png
srb20027ya9.png

As for the Extra Mode, your objective is to collect a certain amount of rings in the second act of each stage and make your way to the door at the end of the act, where you will be transported to an emerald stage. Gather all the emeralds and head North on the Island. It also serves as a level select, of sorts.

...Inb4 something horribly broken in the mod.

-May 2, 2009
Oh, and here are a few things I'm working on, one of which I'm sure you already have seen. I need to find a way to make the switch room in ALZ1 not suck, still:

srb20022qu2.png

srb20018.png

srb20036.png

Also, I'm curious about something. Should I still keep around the older levels to play, or get rid of them outright?

July 23, 2009
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, AMIRITE?

Well, this will be the final release before the big 2.0, so there are a few things added, including 2 contest stages and the replacement for ALZ that most of you have undoubtedly played. It addresses and fixes most of the problems that were present in their contest versions. However, if you still find it too difficult, you may play on easy mode to bypass the level altogether.

Last edited:
I've just played it. Well the levels are very creative in some ways. The first few levels seem to be a bit to hard for beggining stages. The mod seems preety good in my opinion.

Re: SRB2-The Next Adventure(Single Player Mod)

Kuja said:
This is my first mod, so any Comments/Suggestions are more than welcome here.
Erm, what? If you don't think your levels are mod-worthy, then don't compile them. :/

Not bad at all.

A cosmetic problem that I noticed throughout your maps is that you have what I call "waterfloors" essentially floors with water texture. You want to make sure to set the floor flat of your water control sector to be whatever floor you want to appear under water in the tagged sector.

Also, some of your water based death pits have a water flat instead of a PIT flat, which looks better.

My only other complaint was that most of these levels are quite linear, forcing you to go through narrow tunnels with death pits, spikes, or crushers almost every level. Variety = good.

@On Edge-Fine, you come up with a better name for it, and I may change it. If not, then go away plzthxbai.

@Bluezero4-Nah, I didn't mean that I didn't think they were worth being in a mod. I just like hearing what others have to say, thats all.

@Jazz-Yeah, I noticed that, too. I already fixed the thing while I was working on other levels.

I've also finished the first 3 zones entirely:
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=837a0001175af350dd969b60e7561891

...yeah.

Thanks for the heads up- I noticed that the item placement was a little off...So I fixed them up, and uploaded a newer version in my first post. Read the EDIT for more.

Yay! You compiled your levels! *Downloads*

That's just awesome. I hope my comments on the individual level releases helped!

Why yes, I _AM_ indeed living

File moved. Check the first post.

Crap, a whole month went by? Oh well. It wasn't easy, but I managed to finish 3 more levels. While I was at it, I fixed the flags for the starposts in ALZ2. I've also added a thumbnail picture to all the stages.

Tried the new version out and I have to point out some bugs.

- TPZ1 does not go on to TPZ2, it just goes on to the credits. WTF?
- TPZ2 is, well, SLOOOOOOOW!
- TPZ3 is normal to start off with, but at the point when you have beaten Eggman and when you are about to proceed to the end, it gets even more laggy!

Fix them, you must.

Damn you XWE, you let me down yet again D:

I had no idea it would lag so much, it ran fine on MY compy. But I suppose that I should find some way to fix the lag.

Yes...some way...

In any case, the map header is unbroken.

^^ Well, it's FOUR now, actually. :P

But thanks for the compliment. It's getting harder and harder to come up with adequate stages, so work has been a bit slow.

And SonicTheDalek, I've found the 2 places where it slows down. I'll either have to find a way around it, or completely redo the areas. But that is why it is in ze editing section, no? ^_^'

I normally go into these random downloads expecting them to suck, and boy did I get a surprise. What a fun little level pack.

Zone 2, act 2's water was spot-on in the colormap, added a lot to the stage, and the theme in zone 3, act 1 was great. I also quite liked the sections where the stage was going straight up in a vertical shaft, with springs or plain jumping. Quite nice design.

I would note that some sections of zone 3, act 2 were rather VFZ-esque, and we all know how much VFZ sucks. I would suggest making it more open.

As said already, zone 4, act 2 is unplayable. Try removing the snow to see if that makes the framerate better.

Wow mystic said it was good.
He hardly ever compliments anything unless it's lock or banned.
I gotta try this.

Heh, well at least I know I'm doing SOMETHING right.

I suppose I can add a few breaks in the trees to make the player feel less "stifled" in Zone 3, but that may be put off until I redo the 2 areas that lag the game. Removing snow seemed to work, but I really can't be sure.

There is a bug in the precipitation code that causes stages to randomly lag for no reason. If removing precipitation fixed it, you're fine.

Its all sorted out now. I've totally redone one laggy area in the second act and removed the snow(although it pains me to do so). I've also totally fixed the third act, so everything should be in order now. See the first post for a link.

*/me mumbles to himself about sand zone obstacles*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back