Updated: CTF map preview, now known as Tidal Fortress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tets

one rude dude
I'm a mapping machine! As of late I've been making intense progress on three separate wads. I'm here to talk about one in particular, and leave you wondering about the other two.

(Screenshots removed, scroll down.)

This is another one of those ideas that came to me randomly. The basic concept of this map is centered around the mass of water which constantly rises and falls. As the water rises, the lower corridors in the interior of the map are flooded. The outer areas are free of flooding.

Between the bases is a large expanse of open space with a death pit. In the center is a platform that floats along with the water. This would be the preferred method by which to travel from the bottom of the map to the top, or from one base to the other.

I could go on for pages about this map, but I'm really trying not to say too much. Wouldn't want to spoil it for you now 8).

Hm... interesting levels, Tets. I hope you continue
working on them. I simply love the fact that for once, someone is creating a castle-themed level without the dark themes ^^; I love the corridors, as well. Nice job. Though, it did take me about 5 minutes
to load each picture. DAMN YOU, 56K!

BTW: Mabey it was a different person, but didn't you
come up with that idea in #srb2netgame? Just
curious.

Now I see what you were talking about in #srb2netgame, Tet

Use the cracked textures. Or the table/wood textures.

*Is seen dragging picture to base...*

Oh! Don't mind me. I'm just stealing your idea.

It's so good, I wannit!

Dangerously close to completion now. If you thought it was cool before, I've improved it vastly. I even gave it a name, "Tidal Fortress" I call it.

tidal_fortress_01.png

I didn't particularly feel like making a new topic for this considering this one was still on the first page. Screens in the first post have been removed in favor of faster loading topic. That, and they were out of date. This wad will be released soon... and by soon I mean before Mystic Realm and 1.09. *fwapped*

*watches hell freeze over*:eek:............................................................
...................................................DOH!!!!!!!!*implodes*

At the rate 1.09 is going, I'll have 5 excellent 3-act single player wads that will be hailed for all eternity. And the AOL guy wad I've been planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back