GR_FogColor Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkz

Advanced FOFing Concepts
For an added effect to my mod, I though it would be fun to have SOCs running scripts for colored fogs. (this is the easiest way I can pull if off. suggestions are always welcome!)

Anyway, everything seems to work well except for the fact that many of my fog colors are coming out blue. (in fact all fogs except my black are blue)

The GR_FogDensity works just fine when ran from a script.

I can toggle the fog colors by the regular means (console commands/ GL settings) and all of those look great. When I start a zone with modified fog colors (and it's blue) I can put my desired color into the console & it switches to it right away.

If my record here in the help forum holds true than this is most likely my fault. I made a mistake somewhere or there is something I don't understand.

Anybody have an idea of what's going on here?

Update:

Now I'm really confused. Some color codes turn black as well.

I can usually pick up on patterns that would lead me to some conclusion but I'll be damned if I go through thousands of color codes trying to figure this out:/

Any information would be super appreciated!

I've messed with fog a lot back in 1.09.4.

Show me your scripts (just paste them in the thread in CODE tags). It sounds like you're formatting the colours wrong.

Awsome!!!
I realy want this to work because it's way more efficiant than color mapping every sector.

Here's the level header for GGZ1

Level 1
LevelName = GREEN GROVE
Act = 1
SkyNum = 29
RunSOC = GGISOC
ScriptIsLump = 1
ScriptName = GroveScr
Weather = 0
MusicSlot = 1
TypeOfLevel = 4099
LevelSelect = 1
TimeAttack = 1
NextLevel = 2

Here's the script it runs (nothing here but fog settings)
When this gets all sorted I'll probably put in other console comands.

GR_FogDensity 140
GR_FogColor 00FFAA

It codes for a medium fog density, aqua in color. the density shows up just fine but the fog is blue, looking like 0000FF but a little darker.

BTW. I've already tried putting in alpha values. It made no noticible difference.

This is what I'm going for...
mBtTG.png

This is what I get...
MFIRG.png

Last edited:
GR_FogColor 00FFAA

It codes for a medium fog density, aqua in color. the density shows up just fine but the fog is blue, looking like 0000FF but a little darker.

The last I messed with fog I found that SRB2 uses some weird reversed coloring method, like BBGGRR or something. Try reversing the values, maybe?

I realy want this to work because it's way more efficiant than color mapping every sector.
Why don't you just make a colormap with the tag "-1"? That colors every sector. Of course, it also overrides all other colormaps, such as water.

The last I messed with fog I found that SRB2 uses some weird reversed coloring method, like BBGGRR or something. Try reversing the values, maybe?

The Hex is not backwards. Trying the values in reverse would yield a redish-orange color map. Oddly the script had no problem rendering this color when I tried it:/ So what's up with that? At least I know Valcano Valley will be colored properly:p

Why don't you just make a colormap with the tag "-1"? That colors every sector. Of course, it also overrides all other colormaps, such as water.

This proposal would not only destroy all the beautiful colors I worked so hard on in my waters but -1 is not an accepted value in CB, or at least not accepted in the builder I'm using. (I tried this first a long time ago)

Last edited:
I apologize profusely for bumping this but this is still a real problem which, if fixed would yield spectacular eye- popping results. I've tried everything I can think of to no avail :( If anybody has any information on how to get this working it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Got it!

I'm running a lindef executor on level load that runs the script. for reasons that elude me the colors wont come out right if the level header runs the script but the executor does it perfectly so it's all good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back