Could someone replace & remove the music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stritix

I'm editing an old level WAD called SA City for old times sake. I know it's against the rules to release it and such. I'm just doing it out of personal interest.

I'm still learning DOOM & the other editing tools. I've been trying for a while now, but cannot edit the music.

Could someone please remove the music tracks and make it load up the default first level track instead? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here's a link to the WAD file: http://www.mediafire.com/?ilg2y77i5lytbaz

Thanks again.

I could be wrong but I don't think you'll find anyone to actually do this for you. But what you want is relatively simple to achieve.

You'll need a lump editor like Slade or XWE.

Open your wad through the lump editor & find and delete the track. I've looked at your wad and there is only 1 music file on it so ya' can't miss it. Once the track is gone the game engine will use GFZ1's track as default.

Is the music track a custom number that isn't used in the normal game, Sparkz? If it is, then the stage will have no music at all.

The lump containing the music file is labeled as: O_MAP01M, so yes. He even renamed the map lump to MAP01 so it's definitely going to play GFZ1's music, its title card, etc.

I spent over an hour trying to figure it out by going through every wad editor out there... but it turns out XWE corrupted the wad.

I redownloaded it & removed the music.

Thanks for the tips!

Last edited:
Moral of the story: don't use XWE, use SLADE. It's much better and won't automatically save things on you, rendering them broken beyond repair.

Yep, I spent a whole 5 minutes with WXE before I knew it was crap. Slade is far more versatile & user friendly:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back