Official Level Design Contest Voting: May/June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care to address everything that's happened until now, but BZ4's scores are legitimate and the results are invalid until his scores are averaged in. That is absolutely it and I do not want to hear any more about it.

I'm glad I saved my excel spreadsheet, because adding those votes in took about 60 seconds. I have new results:

Green Canyon Zone by SonicMaster - 6.05
Aquatic Labyrinth Zone Act 2 by Kuja - 8.11
Hidden Sanctuary Zone Act 2 by Ice - 8.29
Glaber Base 5 by Glaber - 4.89
Cosmic Galaxy Zone by verifiaman - 3.17
Flooded Forest Zone by Cheese - 5.08
Factory Farce Zone Act 1 by MattW_CFI - 7.64
Mill Citadel Zone Act 2 by Ezer'Arch - 8.52
Greenery Pass Zone Act 2 by Knockout the Echidna - 6.67

MAPA1 - Diamondus Battle by Glaber - 5.44
MAPA2 - Aerial Match Zone by Cheese - 6.44

MAPA3 - Geometric Void Zone by SonicMaster - 6.80
MAPA4 - Diamondus CTF 2 by Glaber - 5.40
MAPA5 - Illuminated City Zone by Cheese - 6.30

MAPA6 - Submerged Cavern Zone by Cheese - 5.67
MAPA7 - Star Reactor Zone by Kuja - 7.11

Yeah, BlueZero's votes count, Luminous's don't.

There's a difference between being a troll and just being excessively sarcastic.

I was quite surprised that ICE's level didn't win. Near the end, it got excessively good reviews.

Next contest, I'm gonna actually explain my reasons. I mean, a 5-6 without reasoning is acceptible, but 2's and 3's with no reasonings made me look like a troll.

Luminous said:
I mean, a 5-6 without reasoning is acceptible, but 2's and 3's with no reasonings made me look like a troll.

Wikipedia said:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or collaborative content community with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
I wouldn't say you looked like a troll. Posting intentionally low scores with no explanation is designed to generate an angry or annoyed response. That's trolling. Pure and simple.

Mystic said:
Luminous said:
I mean, a 5-6 without reasoning is acceptible, but 2's and 3's with no reasonings made me look like a troll.

Wikipedia said:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or collaborative content community with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
I wouldn't say you looked like a troll. Posting intentionally low scores with no explanation is designed to generate an angry or annoyed response. That's trolling. Pure and simple.
You're taking things a bit literally. By your logic, I could call you a troll because banning people generates an angry response.

People said Aquatic Labyrinth Zone 2 was hard.... umm?
Geeze, back in my days we actually had HARD levels... :)

Next contest, guys, I promise you all that I will have two levels to make up for my absolute laziness with these contests and lack of ability to improvise when I run out of ideas; I need to find out how to churn out levels when I lack inspiration. I'd like you all to help me with that with some nice reminders... :p

I hate having design blocks. I seriously have like 10+ incomplete SP levels that I never touch again since I don't know what to DO with them.

Congrats to the winners. I'm sorry I haven't been participating with both competing and voting... time to start making some SRB2 v2 levels to make up for it!

Oh, and that poopy head BlueZero4 did NOT just say Conventional Lover was better than Alex Chilton; otherwise I'd claw his eyes out. ;)

Penopat said:
Next contest, guys, I promise you all that I will have two levels to make up for my absolute laziness with these contests and lack of ability to improvise when I run out of ideas; I need to find out how to churn out levels when I lack inspiration.
You realize that will mean a quality drop on your part, right?

BlueZero4 said:
Penopat said:
Next contest, guys, I promise you all that I will have two levels to make up for my absolute laziness with these contests and lack of ability to improvise when I run out of ideas; I need to find out how to churn out levels when I lack inspiration.
Well, we have three months to build levels this time. Four if you start this month on 1.09.4 and convert to ME later. If there was ever a time to enter multiple maps, this would be it.

Penopat said:
I hate having design blocks. I seriously have like 10+ incomplete SP levels that I never touch again since I don't know what to DO with them.
Fuse em. Glaber Base 5 uses 99% of a Scrapped Circuit level. for that matter I have a Scrapped version of Daimondus CTF 2 that I could use sometime later in another map.

BlueZero4 said:
Penopat said:

What's better - no production or actually some mediocre production?

I'm fine with a "drop in quality" if it means there's actually something there to judge the quality of.

... so what if I'm lying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back