[Open Assets] Code: Mission -Demo- [Level pack]

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDaniel

Hey,well, This is my first Demo map pack/mod, hope you like it,
I have Every level concept finished, but, i want to show you my progress with this short map/pack(adding a "corrupted" version of cave island), there is more levels (3+, and a secret) for the full version. if you like it, stay updated for the full version.
(with an original story finished).
Difficulty: Easy-Medium.

Credits:Every map and story made by ZeroDaniel (some custom textures too)
Skateboard lua made By lach
And MT_BlackEggmanMissile Extracted From Sc_heroesV3.wad

(sorry if i take some thing with out permission, i was internet-less from a long time and i have to learn from others Wads/mods)
(ups...i think i erase everything of the full version from the demo...)
There is an Extra Image of the future level called code glitch

Attachments

• MAP01P.png
    MAP01P.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 735
  • Map02p.png
    Map02p.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 746
  • MAP03P.png
    MAP03P.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 704
  • MAP04P.png
    MAP04P.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 688
  • srb20064.jpg
    srb20064.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 579
  • Scr_CodeMission_Demo.rar
    54.8 MB · Views: 719
Last edited by a moderator:
Hoo boy, this was an interesting trip!

I love the idea of sort of switching between universes in the first level, aside from the gimmicky first bit with the glider, I'd say this is very well done! There is a bit at the beginning where you can get stuck if you miss the platforms and the glider segment is a pain in the butt because the spaces you need to get through are so tight (try using the arrow keys to turn if you do a section that requires turning, you want keyboard only users to have fun too!) but other than that it's an acceptable first level!

The second level was really fun for me to play through and I hope that gimmic gets used again later in the pack. I would like to point out that the board makes you impervious to death, even from death pits.

The third level needs a LOT of work, I would suggest:
-Moving the 3 ring boxes to be around the spawn location, possibly even adding a fourth.
-Hiding two elemental shield monitors in the blue and the green sections because the red section is wayyy too difficult
--Possibly remove the space countdown from the red section, there is NO way that the player is going to get to that emerald location in 10 seconds, let alone on their first try.
-Add more ways to get up to the emerald too, I had a hell of a time even after cheating to give myself an elemental shield because I kept falling off and having to restart.

Overall, I love the concept of this map pack, there's a lot of potential here. I can't wait to play more of it in the future!
P.S.: Please add more slopes.

EDIT: I forgot to mention but there's also some grammatical errors in the dialogue (you missed a couple "to"s), that should probably be fixed as well.

Last edited:
Hehe well then, i'm taking notes, sorry the bad english, i'm venezuelan and im not so good xd, trust me, there will be more Skate board sections, im actually fixing some graphics details for "code: searching", sorry but Code glitch will become hard (maybe the most hardest level in the pack). and then some thing biggest is coming hehehe.

Now that's a needlessly huge file size. You should be converting your songs to OGG so they take up less space, and also removing all those songs that are not used. And maybe the end of level jingle doesn't need to be that long, nobody is going to hear the whole thing.

I'm a keyboard-only user and I didn't have much trouble with the glider section in Code:Corruption. The level needs work though, the area covered in darkness is not really fun to play in and it's easy to get lost in some sections because the way you are supposed to "enter" them is not immediately obvious (so you go in the incorrect way and end up doing circles not knowing where to go next). You also shouldn't make areas that look like you could explore them only for them to be one big bottomless pit. If a place is a bottomless pit it should look like one.

Code:Data has great music and is very fun but it's way too hard for a second level. You should make some of the platforms longer so it's not as timing-intensive. Also, you can get off the skateboard by pressing Spin. I'm guessing this wasn't intentional? Because it makes the level really easy (then again, it's only way to kill yourself when you fall a bottomless pit, as being on the board makes you invincible like Rumia1 said).

Code:Searching I think is mostly fine as it is right now. Just do what was already said and spread out the ring boxes so it doesn't look awkward and replace the space countdown in the red section to something else (it definitely is impossible to get up to the emerald in 10 seconds without cheating or, in my case, abusing a bug in the map).

Thank you a lot goldenhog, im also polishing the levels, maybe i'll update this demo, really thank you, i'm trying to fix a lot of things in the full version.is even bigger btw i know this need more work (the skateboard lua isn't made by me, i'll try to find a way to instant die in code data) cuz i did this demo in "phase 2" of the full version, im also in the "phase 6".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back