• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

R's Editing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

r543

Long Time no see!

Decided to make a new thread for my stuff in general, not just the Modern/Unleashed Sonic, as I do expect to post a few things here.
Expect to see more stuff here than stuff that will ever get released :V

That doesn't mean though that this stuff can't inspire others to do something.

However, I do want to point this out now:
The stuff here ISN'T FREE TO USE, ask me before and give credit!

I'm usually friendly with that kind of stuff and I prefer doing releases and seeing stuff being used than stuff never getting releases/for "special people" only and all that nonsense...
However, seeing how the Beta for the Unleashed Sonic Sprites kind of got shared everywhere and used for many other things without me being credited... gets one tired, REALLY tired.

I hope that this doesn't sound too ranty but I did want to point that out to avoid further nonsense of that kind.

So, what's the status of the projects:

Unleashed/Modern Sonic

I've quickly looked at it last Summer and done some improvements as well as decided to use a different system to create him, which should save time at almost no downside.
Still will take a good while and I do want to finalize a bunch of stuff though.
Recently I've been working on him again and can show you this:
20180901_Unleashedsonic_Preview.png
That's the most recent version on the left as of yesterday.
However, I'm still fighting with the stupid blue palette of SRB2 which I'll elaborate more on a further post.

MISC
Then there's also this:
20180901_Unknown_Preview.png
Can you guess what it is and where it's from?
This one is more Palette friendly than Unleashedsonic, however, due to being made for a specific color, it's kind of dark, too dark in fact with others...
Wish we'd be able to adjust skincolors per character/make our own/set more changeable color ranges...

Update on the sprite:
I did adjust the shading on the Blue, which meant that it was done all over again from scratch:
attachment.php

This was based on the shading of Motorroach's new Sonic, using the Shading of that as a reference for this, think it worked out nice, however the lack of a front frame(and the one from Fsonic doesn't make it any easier) made this a bit of a challenge in certain areas.
I've already addressed the line on the top spike so that won't be going all the way and just be on corners while the bottom spikes need a rework but I'm not sure how to handle that one quite yet.
Or... Just got an idea...

Anyways, what I'd like to do is somewhat finalize the look and shading guide of this and then finally roll out with sprites, so if you have any feedback it's best to do that now.

Attachments

• 20180902_Unleashedsonic_Preview.png
    20180902_Unleashedsonic_Preview.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 2,075
Are there any more updates?
The creator hasn't posted here in about 2-3 years. And looking at his status, it looks like they lost interest in srb2 around the 2.1 era (or just had a life to live.) Sorry to say this but it doesn't look like they're coming back.

This is so sad, Robotniik play Egg Rock Zone 2 OST. On the serious note, I guess the whole thing is cancelled but i hope somebody try revive this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back