• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Alternate Entrances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ongakujin

Okay, I know that it's possible to have alternate level exits that take you to different levels, but is it possible to make it so that levels have alternate entrances, depending on what level you just came from. If so, how?

I kind of thought it might be neat to try to make a wad with levels that center around an adventure field, and if I could have the player come out of the level in the same part of the adventure field as he or she went in, it would work better.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

The only way to do that is to make a bunch of copies of the same map, but with different starting points.

FuriousFox said:
The only way to do that is to make a bunch of copies of the same map, but with different starting points.

If he means differing starting points depending on difficulty, I guess it's possible.

Actually, he wants to be able to exit the level and be on the entrance for it upon going to the map. You could make seperate levels, each with different starting points(just copy the level into new maps) and level numbers, then make it so the exit to each level leads to a different map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back