Level Has No Nodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

I'm trying to test a level that I made, but SRB2 says it has no nodes, but I don't know how to put in nodes. I need some help.

It could be a few things but the easiest to check for is if there's more than one sector. Does your level have more than one sector? If not, add a second sector, then try it. If this doesn't work or is not the issue, then you might want to take another look over the Doom Builder NodeBuilder configuration and make sure the paths are accurate.

Thanks, but now I need help on getting the egg trap to appear after I beat Robotnik so that I can finish the level.

Now with the capsule stuff done, it says one of my FoFs with a tag of 3 have a top height less than the bottom.

TSDude means that you should be changing the height of the control sector with the tag of 3 (not the one within the thok barrier). From what I can tell, the error is relating to that the control sector having a ceiling height that's lower than the floor height of that same control sector.

That makes no sense at all. I've made sectors with a floor height greater than ceiling height many times and had no issues.

It's more likely that his map is simply not being nodesbuilt or is horribly corrupt.

That makes no sense at all. I've made sectors with a floor height greater than ceiling height many times and had no issues.

It's more likely that his map is simply not being nodesbuilt or is horribly corrupt.
How did you manage to make the floor height be higher than the ceiling height in a sector, because I got the same error as sonicfan2000 when I did this for a special stage parameter sector.

Ok, it's obvious that Sonicfan2000 has more than 1 sector because he says
Now with the capsule stuff done
which proves that he has more than one. So I'm guessing that there might be another fault in his level, probably the sector might have a copy with the same problem and he might not know.

What error message does it provide, though? If it's spitting out "Level Has No Nodes", then clearly something is wrong with the error reporting.
He already fixed the "Level has no nodes" error, he's now getting a "top height less than bottom" error.

Guys, I fixed it, except the level just ends after you beat the boss instead of the capsule coming, but I'm fine with that, an admin can lock this topic now.

Guys, I fixed it, except the level just ends after you beat the boss instead of the capsule coming, but I'm fine with that, an admin can lock this topic now.

Although, Just as a tip, For it to not end after he is beaten, Make sure the ambush flag isn't checked.

Guys, I'm having a problem with making a 2D map, I need to know how to delete the walls around it without breaking the sector, a bit like the Splash Hill Zone wad that somebody made. I didn't want to make a new topic because I think people are getting annoyed from my constant Doom Builder problem topics.

Guys, I'm having a problem with making a 2D map, I need to know how to delete the walls around it without breaking the sector, a bit like the Splash Hill Zone wad that somebody made. I didn't want to make a new topic because I think people are getting annoyed from my constant Doom Builder problem topics.

From my experience from making 2D levels, I just put the sector that the player will walk around into another sector which will provide the 3D scenery. There might be other ways to do this but that's how I do it. I hope I am answering your question.

From my experience from making 2D levels, I just put the sector that the player will walk around into another sector which will provide the 3D scenery. There might be other ways to do this but that's how I do it. I hope I am answering your question.

Thanks, but I also need help actually getting the level to start in 2D mode.
I also need help in getting Sonic to spawn on the sector for him to walk on instead of spawning in the water on the sector around it and immediately dying. Please help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back