Did SRB2 work with PC Port Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xkower8181

Today i donwloaded setup for program called PC Port Forwarding just for port forward my SRB2 but i don't know if this program works with SRB2.

Heck no! This has no chances to work! You need to go on the official website of your router's constructor to do this (At least that works with mine).
I tried many of these programs but they're useless.

Yeah, I haven't found any programs for SRB2 porting, either. The router-webpage is the only real way to go.

Yeah, those "port forwarding programs" are shams and don't actually port forward anything. The only possible way it could do that is if it asks for the password to your router and you give it to the program. If it actually DOES do that, don't because that's not safe.

The only way is configuring it through the router page.

However, there is an alternative if you are only looking to play with friends that you can't connect to over LAN. (You cannot, however, use it to play online with strangers.) Use Hamachi, and read about how to use it.

If that's the case, then if you plan on portforwarding very badly, I'd suggest investing some money and getting an actual router hooked up to your computer, otherwise we REALLY can't help you, sorry for the inconvenience.

But my internet thing is not a router but Desktop Switch (yeah i know you say now wtf) and these things can't port forward

Did you not bother to look further than the hub that your PC is connected to? Desktop Switches are connected to a router, they don't magically provide internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back