Jade Sunset underconstruction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanHedge

Well if anyone is wondering where I've been, I've got a new job and started working on a new level! Jade Sunset is a tropic island level which is still in early alpha but here are some screeneys to look at.

srb20006.png

This is the tallest point in this part off the level. It's where you can look at most of the place and the springs of water come from.

srb20007.png

This would be the shore area of the island soon to be islands. The water has a nice green tent, but don't worry the water is very clean and you can play all day at this resort. ;)

srb20013.png

Want to race around the islands at top speed? Have fun the chaos Emeralds are waiting for you next to 4 boxes of 25 rings! Go hyper while your at it!

srb21000.png

Thanks to Mystic and Shuffle I was able to get rid of those nasty ribbons! This is a screeny of the level without them.

Well I won't realese this until this island is up and running, I have quite a few things to fix and add. So if you liked my little tutorial level your going to enjoy this nice set of islands! Stay tuned for release Version A1 !

Version A.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/on4zae

Version A1.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xmbpy8

Looks pretty nice, oh, you can't go hyper anymore.
Although you could be a little more decisive on what textures you want, you have THZROCK, GFZROCK and HPZWALL1 in one area. o.O

Well I want many rock formations in this zone. I got tiered of looking at one texture through out a zone besides this gives eye candy for the players. Yes you can go hyper, that's Hyper Sonic in that shot, it has omega blast and all.

I'm using 1.9.2 not 1.9.3 since that's what you get at the downloads section at the main site.

Nah, I never liked Hyper sonic anyway.

Anyway, maybe I could make a small adjustment to the map, and see if I can get the sky to change from day till night :P

(If you let me, that is.)

Nah, I never liked Hyper sonic anyway.

Anyway, maybe I could make a small adjustment to the map, and see if I can get the sky to change from day till night Razz

(If you let me, that is.)

I can already do that thanks to lumpmod. But if you can get me a sunset sky for the wad that would make me a happy hedgie.:D I'll talk later (3 1/2 hours) I got to go to work.

No, i'm talking about during the map, it might work, as you go through the map, day>sunset>night>dawn>day so on, so forth...

Sure, set up a script lump that waits for a bit, then changes the skynumber, waits more, changes it again, ect.

Well Ree-C, if you want to teach me how to make the script I'll still give you credit for helping me what do you say? I've been wanting to learn that script anyways.

What's with all the junk on the ceiling? Did you turn on Upper Unpegged for each linedef or something by accident?

That's one of the bugs I have to work out I'm not sure what happened but I'm going to look into it before I keep going.

That is caused by having an upper unpegged main texture on the linedef. It can also happen occasionally if you have an upper texture.

You shouldn't have either in open areas.

I think that it looks cool with ribbons of rock in the sky.

You know, I've always wanted to use Super Tails, but he requires all 7 super emeralds... Do you think that you can include those too?

no, they won't. Supersonic is the only "super" character in the game, and for good reason: He's the only one that isn't a glowing recolor of the normal character. Plus, sonic's superform is one of the balancing factors about his character.

There is no...

There is no super tails, no super knuckles, and there is no hyper sonic, there is no super emeralds, and there is no magic chocolate factory anywhere near here.

Indeed. Do not set main textures unless it's for an FOF or if it's the little GFZGRASS thing that goes on the edges of sectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back