[SUGOI] Shut Up and Get On It

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUGOI just goes to show that sometimes a good amount of Quantity is better than an overall Quality. Under normal circumstances, a lot of these levels would have either been ignored, or played just once, and then forgotten forever; releases sub-forum be damned. Anything in the OLDC would have just been glossed over unless it was really a contender to win. (We've all seen it happen)

With a simple Mario64-esque HUB, voting system, and unlockable linedefs to keep the harder levels in check, you have what would normally be a mish-mash of random material become genuinely good content.

2.1 has needed something like this for a long time, and I'm glad it's here.

My personal favorite is a pretty tight battle between Fudge Canyon and Aquatic Corridors, though I liked most of the maps (Gravity Well Zone is the exception because, well, fuck Gravity Well Zone) a decent amount. GWZ is nearly impossible as Fsonic or I just suck kthnxbye

@Chaotic Chao 3:
No clue on either of your problems, sadly. I at least know the HOM is caused by turning off skyboxes, and maybe you could try redownloading to make sure you didn't modify sugoi-v1 for your save error?
It was something wrong with the USB Memory Stick (which is where I keep Srb2 at) corrupting Srb2 and all the others wads, but I got it all back...except for the gamedata. Since the way how Sugoi saves it's data by using emblems and emblems are saved on it's own customgamedata.dat file, I still kept the lives and the emeralds I earned.

srb20001.png

fuck Gravity Well Zone

yamete

;_;

I've tried beating the level with Fsonic just now and it's definitely possible. You are restricted to only one path through the level and you'll definitely get hit a lot because the weak thok doesn't play nice with... anything, but it can be done.

This is a perfect example of how to compile a bunch of different maps together: actual progression and all the other positives of a full-fledged level pack, while simultaneously ensuring that every level gets an equal chance. As Chrome said, most of these levels would've been ignored or forgotten completely in any other situation, be it Releases or the OLDC.

I had a blast playing through this. If a second edition ever happens, I'd love to contribute to it!

This was amazing! I hope you guys are planning on doing more of these, because I'd like to put my own level here, too.

Nice thinking in using a hub, because there's almost no linearity in these levels

I'm really hoping for a next one, considering this success, I hope that SUGOIA (SUGOI Again) is a thing

-snop-

I'm really hoping for a next one, considering this success, I hope that SUGOIA (SUGOI Again) is a thing

SUGOIA would probably have full zones instead of a bunch of single levels, if it ever happened

yamete

;_;

I've tried beating the level with Fsonic just now and it's definitely possible. You are restricted to only one path through the level and you'll definitely get hit a lot because the weak thok doesn't play nice with... anything, but it can be done.

#PotatosackMoreLikePotatosuckAmIRightHahahahahah

Let's hope there will be a 2.2 Edition of SUGOI, I'd really like to contribute to it once again, Seeing all these Cool maps gave me lot of great ideas (Inspired me) .

Last edited:
I just had the chance to play the mod this weekend.

Guys. Holy shit. Good work.

First off, the hub for level progression was masterfully implemented. In addition to just being pretty cool in general, it perfectly matches the needs of a level pack like this. Absolutely keep this format if you end up doing another one.

Second, the general quality of levels in this pack is frankly unprecedented, especially considering the time limitations. Maybe that just goes to show what a little bit of group coordination can do, but well done to everyone who submitted a level.

I was contemplating making something for you guys, but I've been really busy lately and I just haven't had time to commit to anything. If you do another SUGOI and anyone needs help with something sound related, just let me know and I'll get off my ass and sugoi it.

I completed EVERYTHING, all levels in SP, the true ending, omg XD sonic ANIME EYES!, and that girl boss fight, that was epic, the music, the battle, all, about all the levels, its pretty neat, but the level Gravity Well, ITS TOO HARD!, but at the final i passed it, thanks for including me in the mod! :D

Im very proud for the people that did this wad, Its an Amazing wad, i got through all levels and saw the true ending. Keep up to good work.

SUGOIA would probably have full zones instead of a bunch of single levels, if it ever happened

Actually that might be a bit much for everyone to contribute, tbh, especially with limited time to work with. Single levels has worked out just fine, let's not change what isn't broke necessarily. =P

(I hear all the act 2s that did make it into SUGOI were submitted late, so there we go)

Why not assign teams to work on different zones and stick to a theme they are familiar with or want to do

Ok so i have to ask, I love finishing levels on my own initiative but WHAT do i do on contaminated water zone? It's gone from confusing to downright annoying so i've just given up, which is a shame cause so far i'm loving everything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back