How far backwards do shields use A_CapeChase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the Wiki page for A_CapeChase, the "upper 16 bits" of Value/Variable 2 can be used to set the forwards/backwards offset. I'm pretty sure that's what the vanilla shields use to look okay in OpenGL, but I can't find where it's defined how far backwards they are. Knowing that could be very useful for making custom shields and such... heh. (Yes, I have browsed through the source code before asking this.)

Shields don't use A_CapeChase. They automatically move a FRACUNIT away from the player towards the camera by hardcoded means.

Shields don't use A_CapeChase. They automatically move a FRACUNIT away from the player towards the camera by hardcoded means.
Huh. Welp, then I suppose 1 FracUnit is the answer, anyway. Thank you. (Though that just reminded me there are other view angles than right behind the player. opengl unsupported for custom shields kthxbye?)

A_OverlayThink is similar to capechase, but will layer in OPENGL properly. It is used ingame on the Monitors and Signposts.

A_OverlayThink is similar to capechase, but will layer in OPENGL properly.
...Hm. Looking at the Wiki page of it, there is... er, nothing about it, other than the code snippet from the source code. Looking at the source code snippet, though, it indeed seems to be what I'm looking for. Thank you. (opengl supported kthxbye)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back