How do you use the MODID constant in lua?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been trying to figure out how to use the MODID constant. I'm not that good with lua though. I want to use the MODID constant so it can print a message every tic if I'm not using a specific mod for SRB2. I get an error if I try to do "if not MODID = any number".

Last edited:
if MODID ~= number then
print("stop playing EXE mods you butt")
end

If you're looking to only support vanilla SRB2, `number` should be 1.

If you're looking to only support vanilla SRB2, `number` should be 12.

ftfy

2.0.x and 2.1.x have different MODIDs to make it possible to require updates for one without affecting the other. 2.0.7 is still supported on the Master Server.

犬夜叉;757542 said:
ftfy

2.0.x and 2.1.x have different MODIDs to make it possible to require updates for one without affecting the other. 2.0.7 is still supported on the Master Server.

I wish there was a function that exits out the game with an error message. That would be useful to make wads that work only on certain exe mods.

I am curious to why you NEED to have something hardcoded for SRB2HE anyway. You can do a lot with lua and even SOC and linedef executors.

The master server has a casual section of the server so you can do hangouts and role play.

I wish there was a function that exits out the game with an error message. That would be useful to make wads that work only on certain exe mods.

That's not exactly a... practical idea. Your work in-progress already has a overall negative reception. Adding a feature for the sole purpose of making hangout characters is rather ridiculous, especially considering the fact that this is merely a hangout. Any potential characters will only be made for the sole purpose of a different set of sprites. Maybe a button for sound effects or something. Nowhere near as interesting as the ability to play as something like Brak, who has functionality outside of looking different (albeit goofy).

I'm also curious as to why you're making plenty of threads for this. If you wanted to make a hangout, host a co-op server with some hangout maps and lua scripts. No need to make an entire exe mod dedicated to this. You're giving the administrators a reason to give you infractions and lock your threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back