Playable Eggman! - eggman.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

The inevitable playable Eggman wad for version 2.0. Only this time I made it, so you know it's good!

Eggman's a big character, roughly four times Sonic's size, so he has a hard time accelerating from a standstill. Even so, at top speed, he's faster than Tails!

His spindash works in a curious manner -- the maximum speed is lower than the normal characters, but it charges up instantly. Coupled with his hindered acceleration, mastering Eggman might involve a fair bit of slingshotting.

As a special ability, he floats, making him a formidable character in rooms other characters would find tricky. Because he can float indefinitely without losing height, he makes short work of some obstacles in Egg Rock Zone and such.

The Eggmobile handles color changing, with the default being Silver. When he goes Super in the multiplayer modes, it turns into solid gold (sort of).

Screenshots:

Credits to InstantSonic for the original sprites from SRB2, and SSNTails for the artwork used in the character select.

Attachments

• eggman.zip
    241.4 KB · Views: 9,818
Last edited:
I used this to fight the GFZ3 boss.

It was epic on so many levels.

...I really wish Ringslinger was still in.

He jumps SO high when Super. This wad is awesome... No words can describe it. Is there a ringslinger or something for WadEditing?

Took this for a quick spin, pretty neat. Still need to try it out in multiplayer and stuff, though.

Nice to see you again, Neo.

dbpeggman.png

Eggman is almost impossible to play as in match cause of his acceleration, and with speed shoe/super his max speed drops down to half or so with even worse accel. REALLY wish the acceleration/speed code got fixed.

Version 1.1 has been released. This addresses the bug where collecting Super Sneakers actually lowered your speed instead of increasing it. The link in the first post has also been updated.

If you had downloaded the file before this post, please download it again. My apologies.

Download

And here I was, hoping to make a single clean release.

filio said:
He jumps SO high when Super. This wad is awesome... No words can describe it. Is there a ringslinger or something for WadEditing?
You can thank Jazz for the boost in jump height. He was the one responsible for re-programming the character abilities in SRB2 2.0.

Ringslinging has been removed in 2.0. Which is a shame, since I intended to let Eggman shoot his missiles like in the GFZ3 boss. Oh well, you'll just have to make do with the little reference in the multiplayer modes.

Senku Niola said:
Eggman is almost impossible to play as in match cause of his acceleration
He's certainly not impossible to play as. Tap the spindash button to quickly get out of a tough spot, then jump to regain control and maintain your speed. Use floating to your benefit by jumping off a high cliff and shooting down unsuspecting players below.

In Race, though... well, everybody uses Sonic.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Last edited:
Neo Chaotikal and others said:
Ringslinging has been removed in 2.0. Which is a shame, since I intended to let Eggman shoot his missiles like in the GFZ3 boss. Oh well, you'll just have to make do with the little reference in the multiplayer modes.

Ringslinging still exists...after I quickly opened Srb2 and typed it in...

In Srb2 said:
>ringslinger
"ringslinger" is "No" default is "No"

Neat wad after playing with it for a while, however it reminds me of an old wad...I think it was called Bacon Man or something?

Celebi said:
Ringslinging still exists...after I quickly opened Srb2 and typed it in...

In Srb2 said:
>ringslinger
"ringslinger" is "No" default is "No"

Errm...That's the console command you are talking about! We are talking about the new S_SKIN attribute settings for v2.0 which has a possibly removed ringsling, slingitem!

Kancsar said:
Celebi said:

Errm...That's the console command you are talking about! We are talking about the new S_SKIN attribute settings for v2.0 which has a possibly removed ringsling, slingitem!

Ahh I see sorry for the misconception, hopefully it doesn't otherwise some old character wads that get converted won't work as they were intended, since some of them really needed slingitem. I believe one wad couldn't kill enemies with jumps and has to shoot instead...

He's a bit too big I agree, and unfortunately, the camera controls from the old version of SRB2 don't work anymore! :(

" O & P " to rotate camera don't work anymore, or edit chase cam distance settings in options just aren't there anymore! These would've made the larger character size a little easier.

Great wad, updated to his new graphics and first playable eggman I've seen that includes the effects from his eingines! :D

I honestly love this. The bulkiness is silly but it's nothing that chasecam 0 can't fix.

Very fun to play as, hilarious in Match. Super Robotnik was so hilariously 10/10 that we had to keep feeding rings into them to watch them jump so high.

My only complaint is underwater with them.. DSZ is a nightmare. ._. That's really more of a nitpick than anything else.

I was gonna post that aaaaaaaaaa
It's good to see both of you got the horribly obvious reference.

" O & P " to rotate camera don't work anymore, or edit chase cam distance settings in options just aren't there anymore! These would've made the larger character size a little easier.
You can still use console commands such as cam_dist, cam_height, etc.

Great wad, updated to his new graphics and first playable eggman I've seen that includes the effects from his eingines! :D
Yeah, those are usually separate mobjs, but I built them into the actual sprites.

My only complaint is underwater with them.. DSZ is a nightmare. ._. That's really more of a nitpick than anything else.
When you're as big as a rock, you handle like a rock. Remember his spindash speed is the same underwater, and it still charges instantly. Even without dashing, the crusher room in DSZ2 is (slowly) possible as Eggman. I assured this myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back