SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Help

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2008   #1
Django Urikashima
 
Django Urikashima's Avatar
Default Server Hijacking - Confirmed -

Recently when I host games, someone is able to take control of my account and issues commands without me doing so. It started off as an access violation, but soon, they were able to pause and unpause my game at will, started banning people, and even switched maps on me while I was playing.

When I checked my error log, I found this inside:

Code:
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=001b EIP=0049424e EFLGS=00210246
EBX=059df538 SS=0023 ESP=0012fdec EBP=00000000
ECX=00000053 DS=0023 ESI=00000280 FS=003b
EDX=0142da9b ES=0023 EDI=059df7b8 GS=0000
Command Line parameters: -file AmyR.wad espio.wad vector.wad metalsonic.wad rabbid.wad mtf_jazzattack-v1c.wad +skin SONIC +color 7 Bytes at CS : EIP:
88 07 8b 35 ac c5 63 00 eb 58 33 c0 8b 54 24 2c
I don't know if this means anything, but I know one thing for sure:

Someone has found a way to hijack my SRB2 Server and is destroying everything he sees fit, either by changing ingame commands, or banning people unfairly. (At the time, I was using the wad 'sc_poisonedparadise.wad' at the time of the problem, no more, no less.)

Even worse, I banned someone multiple times when I had thoughts that he was part of it, but right after being banned, he was able to get right back on. same name, everything.

I finally had to stop running my server when this happened, rendering me unable to play with everyone else.

I really didn't think it was a serious problem at first, but I won't allow someone to start mixing, tweaking, and pretty much screw around with my server and let them get away with it.
Django Urikashima is offline  
Old 05-24-2008   #2
tailsmastermind
Does time attack too much
 
tailsmastermind's Avatar
Default

Hey? Are you playing in CTF? Then I know what's wrong. People can type in a command as their name like ;tunes 45; and when they capture the flag, everyone's song turns to green hill zone. It would be easy for someone to be names ;verify <number>; and cause you to be forcably verify them. I would recomend kicking anyone who does this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonict
Also, you spelling and grammar is horrible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1k4v...eature=related
ERZ2 in 3:47.74.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXgMLsptYc
Who says race is a thokfest?
tailsmastermind is offline  
Old 05-24-2008   #3
Ash
Permanently Banned
Default

No, this was done by a hacker. As a matter of fact, I've seen this happen to many servers. I also know who did it, but I'm not partial to release that information on the grounds that he's a friend of mine.

Sooo, yeah, there's really nothing you can do about it. He doesn't do it to specific servers, only random ones; you know, for the lulz. And I agree, it is lulzy.

@tailsmastermind:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
sc_poisonedparadise.wad
Nope, not CTF.
Ash is offline  
Old 05-24-2008   #4
Luminous
Default

Internet hacking and making yourself look terrible is for lulz?
Luminous is offline  
Old 05-24-2008   #5
Ash
Permanently Banned
Default

It's SRB2, not the internet. You'd be surprised at how many exploits are in the game.
Ash is offline  
Old 05-24-2008   #6
tailsmastermind
Does time attack too much
 
tailsmastermind's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
@tailsmastermind:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
sc_poisonedparadise.wad
Nope, not CTF.
Shoot. Must ave over looked that. I also re-read it and saw that he was banned and came back...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonict
Also, you spelling and grammar is horrible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1k4v...eature=related
ERZ2 in 3:47.74.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXgMLsptYc
Who says race is a thokfest?
tailsmastermind is offline  
Old 05-24-2008   #7
123 Runite
Wait for it... *BANG*
 
123 Runite's Avatar
Default Hm...

Hello, Django Urikashima.

I have many questions for you. I'll see if I can overlook this problem and help 'restore the peace' of network games.

Do you have a copy of the LOG?
Do you know who was in your server(s)? I need all their names.
When did it start happening?
What were you doing during the time of the event(s)?
Did you give server administration powers to anybody in your server(s)?

This could get us a step closer to figuring out who the 'hacker' is.
-----
Now, I have a question for everyone else. Has anyone hacked your server lately? I need to see first, because this has happened to many other servers. If so, please post it here, and please answer the questions above as well. I just hope you saved a log of the incident...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash (Page 1)
I've seen this happen to many servers. He doesn't do it to specific servers, only random ones.
__________________
~123 Runite

The large, "epic" single player level, Oceanic Cove Zone is released here. I humbly encourage you to view it. If you've played through it, please get comments going! This will help me. Thanks.
123 Runite is offline  
Old 05-24-2008   #8
R.U.B.I.K.
 
R.U.B.I.K.'s Avatar
Default

well, if he played srb2 again after the incident, then we're out of luck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's response to my TF2 question
<Mikesword221> It's better then god.
R.U.B.I.K. is offline  
Old 05-25-2008   #9
Insert Name Here
 
Insert Name Here's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
Sooo, yeah, there's really nothing you can do about it. He doesn't do it to specific servers, only random ones; you know, for the lulz. And I agree, it is lulzy.
But...I want to lulz too. :(
Oh and I want to see a log when somebody sees this guy.
__________________
You can say that I come and go......
Insert Name Here is offline  
Old 05-25-2008   #10
Django Urikashima
 
Django Urikashima's Avatar
Default Re: Hm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
No, this was done by a hacker. As a matter of fact, I've seen this happen to many servers. I also know who did it, but I'm not partial to release that information on the grounds that he's a friend of mine.
I'm not saying you have to, I'm just saying that I don't want him using MY name to ban people I know for HIS Amusement. I do not find it funny that he made me HIS toy, and messed with MY Server, and constantly ruined MY time playing SRB2.

Quote:
Sooo, yeah, there's really nothing you can do about it. He doesn't do it to specific servers, only random ones; you know, for the lulz. And I agree, it is lulzy.
Oh, you're no better than him Ash. all it takes is a simple "dude, we shouldn't be doing this." to stop him, but instead, your laughing with him, encouraging him to continue to ruin everyone else's fun for his, and possibly your, own sick amusement. I thought you were one of the good guys here Ash, I see I was wrong to think you were. ~sigh~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
It's SRB2, not the internet. You'd be surprised at how many exploits are in the game.
That may be, but as soon as you link it to the master server and begin to host games for others to find and play, it BECOMES The internet. By it's Very Definition, the Internet is "An interconnected system of networks that connects computers around the world via the TCP/IP protocol. " You can't give me that BS that SRB2 isn't the internet when you play with others using the Master Server.

Also, Because he is Hacking into my server and Using MY Name to do his dirty work, he is basically "breaking and Entering" into my computer, Committing "Identity Theft" by successfully assuming my own persona, and is "Hijacking" my controls to get his kicks. At this point, he's Committing 3 Felonies, and you don't seem to give 2 craps for that. ~shakes his head~

---------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 Runite
Hello, Django Urikashima.

I have many questions for you. I'll see if I can overlook this problem and help 'restore the peace' of network games.
Alright, I'll answer them as well as I can.

Quote:
Do you have a copy of the LOG?
Yes, I have a copy of the log. If you wish to see it, I can give you the entry for today when the access violation occurred, through a PM. However, I would feel better if SSNTails or another Helper in the SRB2 Project looked into it instead.

Quote:
Do you know who was in your server(s)? I need all their names.
I do not know all the names of the players, however, the one that struck me as odd was a player named "DN" who reappeared after I banned him once. Everytime he joined, I got a major lag before I finally let him in. Prior to me banning him, everyone was C-Kicked except him, and all he seemed interested in were computer games. After he was the only one that seemed to be untouched, I grew suspicious and banned him, for earlier, I had a 'Player 2' who would come in, stay for a second, then immediately leave, then repeated the cycle. Other than that, I cannot recall the names of the other victims who were mistreated by the hacker.

Quote:
When did it start happening?
roughly 10-13 hours ago at the time of the posting of this message.

Quote:
What were you doing during the time of the event(s)?
Doing a run through of some wads to see which ones were worth keeping for multiplayer games for when I hosted.

Quote:
Did you give server administration powers to anybody in your server(s)?
Never, I don't give Admin powers to anyone anymore. Ever since the one player I trusted began to mess with things he shouldn't have, I didn't want anyone else to repeat the same problem.

Quote:
This could get us a step closer to figuring out who the 'hacker' is.
~nods~
Django Urikashima is offline  
Old 05-25-2008   #11
Ash
Permanently Banned
Default Re: Hm...

Post dissection time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
No, this was done by a hacker. As a matter of fact, I've seen this happen to many servers. I also know who did it, but I'm not partial to release that information on the grounds that he's a friend of mine.
I'm not saying you have to, I'm just saying that I don't want him using MY name to ban people I know for HIS Amusement. I do not find it funny that he made me HIS toy, and messed with MY Server, and constantly ruined MY time playing SRB2.
Uh, dude, he wasn't using your name. You have it all mixed up: He automatically gains the attributes of the host. Basically, once he joins, he's whoever the host is, be it you, or any other person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
Sooo, yeah, there's really nothing you can do about it. He doesn't do it to specific servers, only random ones; you know, for the lulz. And I agree, it is lulzy.
Oh, you're no better than him Ash. all it takes is a simple "dude, we shouldn't be doing this." to stop him, but instead, your laughing with him, encouraging him to continue to ruin everyone else's fun for his, and possibly your, own sick amusement. I thought you were one of the good guys here Ash, I see I was wrong to think you were. ~sigh~
I'm not his associate, so don't act like I am. He just happens to be someone I know, and he talks about it. The fact of the matter is, I'm not doing anything. I can't change his mind about something by just saying "DUDE YOU CANT DO THAT STOP IT NOW". Also, I'm not encouraging it; all I said was that it was funny. And come on, you know it is. And... I'm one of the "good guys"? I don't get it, there's a class system now? I don't even know who you are! Lurkers. D=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
It's SRB2, not the internet. You'd be surprised at how many exploits are in the game.
That may be, but as soon as you link it to the master server and begin to host games for others to find and play, it BECOMES The internet. By it's Very Definition, the Internet is "An interconnected system of networks that connects computers around the world via the TCP/IP protocol. " You can't give me that BS that SRB2 isn't the internet when you play with others using the Master Server.
You misunderstand. I'm speaking the entire internet as a whole, not our little SRB2 hub of the internet. SRB2 itself isn't the entire internet, now is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
Also, Because he is Hacking into my server and Using MY Name to do his dirty work, he is basically "breaking and Entering" into my computer, Committing "Identity Theft" by successfully assuming my own persona, and is "Hijacking" my controls to get his kicks. At this point, he's Committing 3 Felonies, and you don't seem to give 2 craps for that. ~shakes his head~
Once again, misunderstanding. He's not using your name, he's becoming the host. He isn't breaking into your computer, he's just joining your netgame and becoming the host. He isn't stealing your identify, he's becoming the host (also, wasn't it declared before that netgame impersonators often impersonate others by just using their netgame name? It happened to me too, and it's not "Identity Theft" by definition, soz). He isn't hijacking your controls, as you still have control, but both of you share it, as he becomes the host. Think of it this way: Two co-hosts are created when he does what he does. That's all. Also, those aren't felonies, because the terms you used were just used as terms; the actual definitions of those felonies where never actually committed in SRB2. Also, those terms were used completely out of context.

You guys are taking this more seriously than you really should be. =|

By the way, you'll most likely never find out who the hacker actually is if you joined any less than 3 years ago. Seriously, he's not even active on the SRB2MB anymore, though I'm sure he lurks, but as a hidden user.
Ash is offline  
Old 05-25-2008   #12
Django Urikashima
 
Django Urikashima's Avatar
Default Re: Hm...

And then, I gave my counter Argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
Uh, dude, he wasn't using your name. You have it all mixed up: He automatically gains the attributes of the host. Basically, once he joins, he's whoever the host is, be it you, or any other person.
So he's still taking my Identity then, for he's not using his own name to do his own crap.

Quote:
I'm not his associate, so don't act like I am. He just happens to be someone I know, and he talks about it. The fact of the matter is, I'm not doing anything. I can't change his mind about something by just saying "DUDE YOU CANT DO THAT STOP IT NOW". Also, I'm not encouraging it; all I said was that it was funny. And come on, you know it is. And... I'm one of the "good guys"? I don't get it, there's a class system now? I don't even know who you are! Lurkers. D=
You're not trying to stop him either. whether you have a hand in it or not, If you know that he's doing it, yet you don't do anything at all, then you're part of the problem. In point, yeah I think it's funny to ruin things for everyone else; However, I don't think it's funny when I'M the joke. You understand me? I'm pretty sure if you were one of his victims, you'd see it differently, but seeing as how it hasn't happened to you, what would you know? and yeah, I don't know you either. However, going by a lot of recent posts when I decide to show up on the rare times I'm here, I've seen a good amount of people doing something to bring down the total amount of noobish-acting people around here, you being one of them, hence the assumption that you weren't a bad-guy around here. Sheesh, your accusations are even worse than mine.

Quote:
You misunderstand. I'm speaking the entire internet as a whole, not our little SRB2 hub of the internet. SRB2 itself isn't the entire internet, now is it?
even if it's just a Hub of the Internet, doesn't that still make it the Internet?

Quote:
Once again, misunderstanding. He's not using your name, he's becoming the host. He isn't breaking into your computer, he's just joining your netgame and becoming the host. He isn't stealing your identify, he's becoming the host (also, wasn't it declared before that netgame impersonators often impersonate others by just using their netgame name? It happened to me too, and it's not "Identity Theft" by definition, soz). He isn't hijacking your controls, as you still have control, but both of you share it, as he becomes the host. Think of it this way: Two co-hosts are created when he does what he does. That's all. Also, those aren't felonies, because the terms you used were just used as terms; the actual definitions of those felonies where never actually committed in SRB2. Also, those terms were used completely out of context.
Is it? Whether he's sharing the controls or not, I did not give him permission to get into my server to take control of something I did not allow him to get. If I had said "Sure, I don't mind sharing the Console with you!", then that'd be different. However, he just barged right in, took over the console, and what you just said, Became the host, which is me. He still assumed my identity by not using his own, and he did it without my permission. And if "Hijack" Does not mean "to take control of", then what is your friend doing? He's certainly not hosting a tea party.

However, you are right to say that he is not breaking and entering. When I hosted the game, I allowed anyone to come in. However, that Privilege he had was revoked when he began to use that connection to take control of my server. When it comes down to it, You contradict your statements in a desperate attempt to protect your friend. What he did was not Right, that much is Clear. If you can't open your eyes and see that, then you have no right to make blind statements to a problem I had to endure because of YOUR Friend.

Quote:
You guys are taking this more seriously than you really should be. =|
I take it seriously because I like playing SRB2, and I don't want to have to worry that every time I try to play a few games with a couple of friends and random people, that some Arson is going to randomly come in and destroy a good time and obliterate the hard work that we, my friends, teammates and I, had put in.

Quote:
By the way, you'll most likely never find out who the hacker actually is if you joined any less than 3 years ago. Seriously, he's not even active on the SRB2MB anymore, though I'm sure he lurks, but as a hidden user.
Again, I don't give a damn who the user is. He could be a f-----g Ghost for all I care, But I want him to stop acting like a Jerk and quit before he messes with the wrong person. I may not be the one who will bring him down, but someone will eventually, that much you can be sure of.
Django Urikashima is offline  
Old 05-25-2008   #13
FSX
cheap spirit
Default

Well, both of you have problems.

Django, you are overstating everything, and getting a lot wrong.
Ash, just because he is a friend doesn't mean you have to go along with everything. At the very least, you should state how he is doing this, so it can be fixed.
FSX is offline  
Old 05-25-2008   #14
Django Urikashima
 
Django Urikashima's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSX
Well, both of you have problems.

Django, you are overstating everything, and getting a lot wrong.
Ash, just because he is a friend doesn't mean you have to go along with everything. At the very least, you should state how he is doing this, so it can be fixed.
I know, I don't Argue like this because this is how it usually comes down to it, but to be told "Oh, well my friend is taking over servers and there's nothing you can do about it" is bound to get under my, or anyone elses skin. I don't like being told by someone who has as much power as I do, that you're going to suffer and you can't do a thing about it.

If Ash wants to continue an argument he's not going to win, then that's his problem, but I stand by what I said, and if he's not making any contributions to the fixing of this problem, then he's no better than you or I, for I'm not capable of solving a question I asked, and you're just adding logs to the fire that needs to be snuffed out.

As it may be, I just want this solved not only for myself, but for anyone else who has been attacked by this form of Abuse. Is that too much to ask?
Django Urikashima is offline  
Old 05-25-2008   #15
Chrome the hedgehog
 
Chrome the hedgehog's Avatar
Default Re: Hm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
And then, I gave my counter Argument.



Quote:
I'm not his associate, so don't act like I am. He just happens to be someone I know, and he talks about it. The fact of the matter is, I'm not doing anything. I can't change his mind about something by just saying "DUDE YOU CANT DO THAT STOP IT NOW". Also, I'm not encouraging it; all I said was that it was funny. And come on, you know it is. And... I'm one of the "good guys"? I don't get it, there's a class system now? I don't even know who you are! Lurkers. D=
In point, yeah I think it's funny to ruin things for everyone else; However, I don't think it's funny when I'M the joke. You understand me? I'm pretty sure if you were one of his victims, you'd see it differently.
Your taking a simple game way too seriously. First of all, if it was my server, I would have been laughing like crazy, whether or not I was the victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
If you know that he's doing it, yet you don't do anything at all, then you're part of the problem.
No, he may want no part of what happens, so he does not get involved, his friend could turn on him if he tried to stop him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
Even if it's just a Hub of the Internet, doesn't that still make it the Internet?
When you join a netgame, you are dissconnected from the Master Server, and thus, the internet. Why do you think servers get cut off the Master Server after a certain amount of time?
__________________
Join the SigSev Cafe, I forgot my password, but you should still go there.
http://sigsevcafe.com/mb/
Chrome the hedgehog is offline  
Old 05-25-2008   #16
Django Urikashima
 
Django Urikashima's Avatar
Default Re: Hm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome the hedgehog
Your taking a simple game way too seriously. First of all, if it was my server, I would have been laughing like crazy, whether or not I was the victim.
Then that's more your problem, not mine.

Quote:
No, he may want no part of what happens, so he does not get involved, his friend could turn on him if he tried to stop him.
The moment he got knowledge that his friend was involved with this, he became involved as well. You truly do something when you don't know, but if you know it, doing nothing is the last thing that should come to mind.

Quote:
When you join a netgame, you are dissconnected from the Master Server, and thus, the internet. Why do you think servers get cut off the Master Server after a certain amount of time?
Because you are connecting from the master Server to the Host's Server, Stupid. When you make a connection to the master Server, you send a signal that goes to other computers that are also Connected to the master server, letting them know you want to receive information that they are sending. However, because you link up From the master Server (using search), you cannot disconnect from it, for that will cause you to lose your connection with the host. When you connect using the IP, you're not using the master Server, but you still have to use the internet to get other Servers to join the Host, so it's still a connection between computers. I mean Seriously, Do I really need to bring up the Literal Definition of the Internet, again?

I mean seriously, why do you people insist on carrying out an argument that neither concerns you, nor helps the problem?
Django Urikashima is offline  
Old 05-25-2008   #17
Ash
Permanently Banned
Default Re: Hm...

Woah, dude, you need some serious chill time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
And then, I gave my counter Argument.
Uh, okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
Uh, dude, he wasn't using your name. You have it all mixed up: He automatically gains the attributes of the host. Basically, once he joins, he's whoever the host is, be it you, or any other person.
So he's still taking my Identity then, for he's not using his own name to do his own crap.
Netgame impersonation. Happens all the time, and you can't do anything about it. SRB2Live will supposedly fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
I'm not his associate, so don't act like I am. He just happens to be someone I know, and he talks about it. The fact of the matter is, I'm not doing anything. I can't change his mind about something by just saying "DUDE YOU CANT DO THAT STOP IT NOW". Also, I'm not encouraging it; all I said was that it was funny. And come on, you know it is. And... I'm one of the "good guys"? I don't get it, there's a class system now? I don't even know who you are! Lurkers. D=
You're not trying to stop him either. whether you have a hand in it or not, If you know that he's doing it, yet you don't do anything at all, then you're part of the problem. In point, yeah I think it's funny to ruin things for everyone else; However, I don't think it's funny when I'M the joke. You understand me? I'm pretty sure if you were one of his victims, you'd see it differently, but seeing as how it hasn't happened to you, what would you know? and yeah, I don't know you either. However, going by a lot of recent posts when I decide to show up on the rare times I'm here, I've seen a good amount of people doing something to bring down the total amount of noobish-acting people around here, you being one of them, hence the assumption that you weren't a bad-guy around here. Sheesh, your accusations are even worse than mine.
It really doesn't matter if he stops or not. I have asked him to stop doing a number of OTHER famous SRB2 hacking things, and didn't listen to me. So why would this time be any different? See, that's the thing: You cannot be sure of whether or not I'm doing something about it. You can't automatically add me onto the problem just because I know him. A lot of people do, and this includes oldbies, moderators, and administrators as well. Are they part of the problem just because they know him? No. Also, I never said "it's funny for things to be ruined for other people", I said it's just funny. You need to lighten up, as it's happened to a lot of people so far. Hell, he even did it to me and caught me off guard (fyi: I was one of his victims, and it entailed gravity, tunes, name changing, bans, and other stuff). My reaction? Laughs. Why? Because it was funny! I like how you think that I'm totally immune from this just because I talk to this person, because that's untrue, and you have no way to prove that basis.

Accusations? Your point is too jumpy to determine a solid form of argument.

Oh, and with the noobs, well, I'm not trying to do anything to them, let alone "remove" them, per se; I'd rather have them reformed into better members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
You misunderstand. I'm speaking the entire internet as a whole, not our little SRB2 hub of the internet. SRB2 itself isn't the entire internet, now is it?
even if it's just a Hub of the Internet, doesn't that still make it the Internet?
That makes it part of the internet, not the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
Once again, misunderstanding. He's not using your name, he's becoming the host. He isn't breaking into your computer, he's just joining your netgame and becoming the host. He isn't stealing your identify, he's becoming the host (also, wasn't it declared before that netgame impersonators often impersonate others by just using their netgame name? It happened to me too, and it's not "Identity Theft" by definition, soz). He isn't hijacking your controls, as you still have control, but both of you share it, as he becomes the host. Think of it this way: Two co-hosts are created when he does what he does. That's all. Also, those aren't felonies, because the terms you used were just used as terms; the actual definitions of those felonies where never actually committed in SRB2. Also, those terms were used completely out of context.
Is it? Whether he's sharing the controls or not, I did not give him permission to get into my server to take control of something I did not allow him to get. If I had said "Sure, I don't mind sharing the Console with you!", then that'd be different. However, he just barged right in, took over the console, and what you just said, Became the host, which is me. He still assumed my identity by not using his own, and he did it without my permission. And if "Hijack" Does not mean "to take control of", then what is your friend doing? He's certainly not hosting a tea party.
Dude, you don't understand what identity theft means. No, it doesn't mean "he's using my nickname ;_;", it's legal terminology (and I'm assuming that's what you're going by).
Identity Theft - a crime in which an imposter obtains key pieces of personal information, such as Social Security or driver's license numbers, in order to impersonate someone else.
Netgame impersonation is not a crime. It just happens.
As for hijacking, I suppose it could go under that category, but only under that category. Think: It's just a game. What do you lose? A temporary server used for collecting players to play this game. Does this game cost money? Nope. What do you lose? Nothing (unless you want to count time). You act as if he was trying to launch a virus on your computer, blow up your harddrive, and disabling your internet access for a year. This is not as serious as you would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
However, you are right to say that he is not breaking and entering. When I hosted the game, I allowed anyone to come in. However, that Privilege he had was revoked when he began to use that connection to take control of my server. When it comes down to it, You contradict your statements in a desperate attempt to protect your friend. What he did was not Right, that much is Clear. If you can't open your eyes and see that, then you have no right to make blind statements to a problem I had to endure because of YOUR Friend.
You appear to just be stringing words together to try to make yourself seem like you've gotten a very well thought out rebuttal, but this is not the case. How do I contradict myself? I'm not trying to protect my friend, rather, I'm trying to get this whole issue cleared so the drama would stop. What he did may not have been right in retrospect, but then again, guess what happens to all of these exploits and bugs? They go into bugfixing to better improve the final game, SRB2 1.1. Did you ever think about that? It looks like my eyes are plenty lucid, whilst yours are murky. My statements are how I see them, so they aren't blind.

Also, way to go, over-accentuating the fact that he's a friend of mine. In the long run, does that fact really matter so much? It doesn't help convey your point any further than you want it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
You guys are taking this more seriously than you really should be. =|
I take it seriously because I like playing SRB2, and I don't want to have to worry that every time I try to play a few games with a couple of friends and random people, that some Arson is going to randomly come in and destroy a good time and obliterate the hard work that we, my friends, teammates and I, had put in.
Uh, hosting a server is hard work? It's not meant to "destroy a good time" and "obliterate hard work". If it were really like that, a more productive form of hacking would to be to annihilate your entire SRB2 folder, right? You seem to think that it's only you, but you need to come to realize that you're not the only one involved. A lot of people have experienced this already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Urikashima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
By the way, you'll most likely never find out who the hacker actually is if you joined any less than 3 years ago. Seriously, he's not even active on the SRB2MB anymore, though I'm sure he lurks, but as a hidden user.
Again, I don't give a damn who the user is. He could be a f-----g Ghost for all I care, But I want him to stop acting like a Jerk and quit before he messes with the wrong person. I may not be the one who will bring him down, but someone will eventually, that much you can be sure of.
He's not a bad person. Your views are totally corrupt just because you were the victim of a prank. Come to realize that all of this is for nothing more than a cheap laugh, and bugfixing.

Biased opinions and childish mudslinging will get you nowhere. Srsly.
Ash is offline  
Old 05-25-2008   #18
Chrome the hedgehog
 
Chrome the hedgehog's Avatar
Default

Because like I said, your taking it too seriously. Try not to insult however your replying to either, this is just a simple disscussion, I meant not to offend.
__________________
Join the SigSev Cafe, I forgot my password, but you should still go there.
http://sigsevcafe.com/mb/
Chrome the hedgehog is offline  
Old 05-25-2008   #19
Ash
Permanently Banned
Default

We're all posting at the same time, lol.
Ash is offline  
Old 05-25-2008   #20
Chrome the hedgehog
 
Chrome the hedgehog's Avatar
Default

Yea, I like that, keeps me from getting bored.
__________________
Join the SigSev Cafe, I forgot my password, but you should still go there.
http://sigsevcafe.com/mb/
Chrome the hedgehog is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Megaman Legends 3 - Update Autosaver Video Games 95 04-25-2012 08:24 PM
EarthWorm Jim 4 - Confirmed for Wii Autosaver Video Games 14 05-05-2010 12:00 AM
Netgame problems -Possible game hijacking- Help needed ASAP Django Urikashima Help 15 02-18-2008 01:03 AM
Sonic 2006 - PC CONFIRMED Antiporcupine General Discussion 15 09-30-2006 03:35 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.