If Sega keeps going the way they are...

Will you remember Sonic as he was? Before Sega corrupted the series?

• I'm loyal to Sonic, he'll survive on sites like this if I have to program games myself!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bah! Away with Sonic if that happens!

• I'll think of him how he was.

• I'll think he's a totally messessed up hedgehog, and play his games now and then...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maou-Shin Daioka said:
TimberWolf said:
Maou-Shin Daioka said:
Yes, you can play the recent games and then the classics and see MAJOR gameplay differences
The differences I have is that I still, even to this day, love the classic Sonic gameplay, that had true speed, something, you've probally, never experienced.
You can see little to no glitches in the classic games, but in recent games, there are bugs and glitches almost everywhere you go (the 3-D ones.)
Now tell me that New Sonic is better than Old Sonic.
If you tell me other than the latter, then that proves you aren't a real sonic fan ( a real one, in my opinion, would have played the classics.)
I've played all of the Genesis games (save MBM) and all of the GG games (save Spinball and MBM) on emulators. You're just a classic fanboy that can't accept anything new. The only game with glitches is Sonic'06.

If you want to go fast, try using the analog stick instead of shoving the controller up your ass. Oh make sure that you know what the jump/homing attack button is.

The only 3-D Sonic game with glitches is Sonic '06...?
Anyone who has played SA, SA2 SH, will tell you that they experienced glitches while playing those games.I have even encountered glitches while playing those games. This is where you are clearly lying.

If Sonic Team actually did put some actual effort into making Sonic games than just dishing them out, maybe we would enjoy he new Sonic games.

And your sarcastic remark sounds just as a blind, ignorant, delusional fanboy who is having a hard time coping with Sonic dying.
Save us grief, and just admit that the recent Sonic games are poor in quality.
Oh, and at least classic Sonic fans still actually have fun playing the games.
I didn't see any glitches when my friends played SADX OR SA2B, and I've got NONE in Shadow the Hedgehog.

And I'm serious. The game're fast, you just have to take the time to actually play the games.

ok, you may have not experienced glitches, but that does not mean other people haven't either.
and what do you think I do on these games, commit suicide while drinking beer? Don't even give me that.

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
ok, you may have not experienced glitches, but that does not mean other people haven't either.
and what do you think I do on these games, commit suicide while drinking beer? Don't even give me that.
No, I'm thinking that you're just standing there tryin to find arrow keys instead of using the analog stick. I've gone VERY fast in Shadow, and I've seen my 2 friends go the same speed in SA2B in 2P mode. I've also seen one of my friends go very fast in SADX, and I went fast myself when my friend let me have a go at City Escape. Don't tell me that the games are slow, I KNOW they aren't.

I honestly don't think Sonic returning to 2D would kill him. Look at Kirby, all of his games are still 2D, and they're pretty damn good.

Shuffle said:
I honestly don't think Sonic returning to 2D would kill him. Look at Kirby, all of his games are still 2D, and they're pretty damn good.
Ya, but Kirby doesn't HAVE anything that'd be worthy of 3D. He just sucks in enemies and uses there powers.

Sonic is different. Here's the reason:

Sonic=Speed (generally)
Speed=Racing
Racing=3D
Racing=/=2D
Therefore:
Sonic=Speed=Racing=3D
Sonic=Speed=Racing=/=2D
So then:
Sonic+Racing=3D

You can't have a 2D racing game.

This means that Sonic is generally speed. When you add in treasure hunting and flying, you've got every aspect of Sonic. It's only common sense that all 3 of those would work better in 3D.

Now I'm not saying that ALL Sonic games should be 3D, I enjoyed Sonic Rush and the GG game ROMs I played. I'm just saying that it should be like this:
Consoles: 3D
Handhelds: 2D, with possible 3D elements ala Sonic Rush, Sonic Rivals and the 2 Sonic Drift games.

K? No more needless arguing over something that was obvious from the start?

Kirby has nothing to be worthy of?
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards-N64, an expansion of Kirby's Dreamworld 3
Kirby Air Ride (yes mundane after a while but really fun over a lan connection.)-Nintendo Gamecube.

Kirby has nothing worthy?

Oh! And don't forget the upcoming Kirby Wii title in development, that has wonderful multiplayer capabilities.

And when has 2-D ever been a bad thing on consoles?
Answer: Never, except when developers are lazy, and most developers who use sprites on console games usually are not lazy,and they have to animate them, that can take a while, and it really shows in the end product as well.

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
Kirby has nothing to be worthy of?
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards-N64, an expansion of Kirby's Dreamworld 3
Kirby Air Ride (yes mundane after a while but really fun over a lan connection.)-Nintendo Gamecube.

Kirby has nothing worthy?

Oh! And don't forget the upcoming Kirby Wii title in development, that has wonderful multiplayer capabilities.

And when has 2-D ever been a bad thing on consoles?
Answer: Never, except when developers are lazy, and most developers who use sprites on console games usually are not lazy,and they have to animate them, that can take a while, and it really shows in the end product as well.
Crap, forgot about those 2.

And 3D is what consoles've evolved into. 2D games on a 3D console are frowned upon.

One of you said someting about me reading too many archie comics when I said Sonic lives on Mobius Prime. Could anyone give me a link to a site with archie comics, I'd like to see what those are all about. I haven't read more than a couple pages that turned up when yahooing Sonic stuff. If Sonic Doesn't live on Mobius Prime, then where? (If anyone does have a link to the Sonic archie comics though, that'd be much appreciated.

I did forget Kirby in 2D. I love playing Kirby games, he's a world renown character too, he's in 2D, his games rock, and he's awesome. Returning Sonic to 2D, like many have said, wouldn't kill Sonic, and might save him. Sega also just keeps hurling out games, with practically no thought. They really should take their time, and at the very least the glithes would decrease and gameplay would improve at least a little.

As much as I hate it, Sega is going to ruin the Sonic Series, in fact, they've been heading towards their downfall for quite some time now. You've got to except that fact. That's why I'm going to make sure the real Sonic and Sonic Series stays alive, even if I have to make my own Sonic games.

Ashovare said:
If Sonic Doesn't live on Mobius Prime, then where?
Earth, duh! We already know this because of a map of Sonics home planet that looks like Earth in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
Because people are too dumb to see that 2-D has features, in my opinion, that can't be done in 3-D.
And visa-versa. Each one has it's own abilities, it's jsut that platformers are 3D and hand-helds are msotly 2D.

TimberWolf said:
Speed=Racing
Racing=3D
Racing=/=2D
Uh, wut? Speed != Racing. You could be running through a level and you wouldn't be racing anybody or anything. Racing != 3D. Racing = Racing. Where the hell you got the idea that fast games can only work in 3D, I have no idea. Sonic was 2D and fast, and it worked. Now actual racing games I'll admit, do NOT generally work in 2D. But Sonic is far from a racing game, Sonic is a platformer. I'd like it if you'd stop babbling random, incoherent shit, kthx.

I think Shuffle just won this argument by a long shot.

Yeah, go do your Sonic 3D-racey-ness-whatever. We'll stick to what's truly the best of Sonic on consoles *smuggles Genesis back into room*

TimberWolf said:
Shuffle said:
Ya, but Kirby doesn't HAVE anything that'd be worthy of 3D. He just sucks in enemies and uses there powers.

Sonic is different. Here's the reason:

Sonic=Speed (generally)
Speed=Racing
Racing=3D
Racing=/=2D
Therefore:
Sonic=Speed=Racing=3D
Sonic=Speed=Racing=/=2D
So then:
Sonic+Racing=3D

You can't have a 2D racing game.

This means that Sonic is generally speed. When you add in treasure hunting and flying, you've got every aspect of Sonic. It's only common sense that all 3 of those would work better in 3D.

Now I'm not saying that ALL Sonic games should be 3D, I enjoyed Sonic Rush and the GG game ROMs I played. I'm just saying that it should be like this:
Consoles: 3D
Handhelds: 2D, with possible 3D elements ala Sonic Rush, Sonic Rivals and the 2 Sonic Drift games.

K? No more needless arguing over something that was obvious from the start?

You forgot about Sonic 2 and 3 Multiplayer. That is two dimensional racing.

Those multiplayer features were the best, if someone was playing them with me. -_-
But seriously, Sonic has always performed better in 2-D.
If Sonic Team were to make a full, beautiful 3-D sidescroller, and spent time making sure everything was close to perfect, I'd buy it, because I'd know that I would be getting my money's worth.

The question I wanna know is why Sonic Team is being lazy in making games, when they can make wonderful games?

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
3-D sidescroller
You just fail'd.

And the multiplayer "racing" is Sonic 2 and 3 were the worst pieces of shit EVAR. Sonic 2 was squished and fugly. Sonic 3 just used miniturized sprites with fugly backgrounds and linear levels. At least Sonic 2 used the actual levels themselves for multiplayer.

And even THEN they weren't proper racing games. Proper racing games are done in 3D where you can have more than 2 characters on the screen at once, where you can't run straight through another character, where you get a chance to explore, where you actually have movement.

All of the Sonic racing games've been fast-paced and show Sonics speed. Sure, you can go fast in 2D, but then you have to stop, jump on and enemy and go forward again. Sonic Rush had it perfect with the Tension Boost adn the fact that you don't lose your speed after you hit an enemy and then land on the ground again.

TimberWolf said:
Maou-Shin Daioka said:
3-D sidescroller
You just fail'd.
Please explain to me how he "fail'd". There are plenty of 3D sidescrollers out there, and they are pretty good. Viewtiful Joe, Super Smash Brothers, and Kirby come to mind.

TimberWolf said:
And even THEN they weren't proper racing games. Proper racing games are done in 3D where you can have more than 2 characters on the screen at once, where you can't run straight through another character, where you get a chance to explore, where you actually have movement.
Again, Sonic isn't a racing game, it was never meant to be. The racing modes are just thrown in as something extra. This racing argument is completely irrelevant.

TimberWolf said:
All of the Sonic racing games've been fast-paced and show Sonics speed. Sure, you can go fast in 2D, but then you have to stop, jump on and enemy and go forward again.
You've got that backwards. Completely backwards. In some of the 3D Sonic games, they've forced you to stay in one spot until you've destroyed all of the enemies. In the 2D games, you were always able to jump into them while moving at full speed. Never did you need to stop.

TimberWolf said:
Sonic Rush had it perfect with the Tension Boost adn the fact that you don't lose your speed after you hit an enemy and then land on the ground again.
You don't lose speed when landing in any 2D Sonic games (Save a couple of the Advance games). It ONLY does this in 3D.

In conclusion, I think you need to get your facts straight before making an argument.

First of all, stop taking sentences and phrases out of context to win your arguments.
Second, I never said anything about split-screen multiplayer. Ever.
We could race other people online.
As for the passing an enemy up in 2-D, like you said, just a type of Tension system.
And I don't remember stopping in classic Sonic games unless I got hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back