Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

1.) When will the next version be out?
When it’s done. End of story. There is no official release date internally, so there isn’t any way we can answer that question privately, never mind give a public release date.

2.) How do I edit SRB2 to make my own levels and characters?
Read the Editing section on the website. There is so much information there that you should find what you’re looking for. If you still don’t get it after reading it, ask a specific question about it.

3.) How do I play a netgame?
Use the game's Join Game (Search) menu in the Multiplayer menu. It will list all currently running public netgames

4.) Can you make Shadow/Amy/insert character here?
No. Knuckles isn’t even done, so there is no way we’re making addons officially. However, there is nothing stopping you from drawing your own and making it.

5.) Can you add loops and slopes?
No. Unless you’re an expert in linear algebra and are willing to help us with the math, of course. Rendering slopes requires REALLY nasty math. Loops are even more impossible, because the sprites aren’t capable of doing the movement required, and would need more sprites than feasible to create.

6.) How do I use levels and skins?
Press ~ to get to the console and type ADDFILE <Filename.wad> and press enter. Most maps replace Greenflower Act 1, and the loaded skins should appear on the character select menu.

7.) How do I host netgames?
You must open port 5029 UDP in order for people to be able to join your game. However, you can still join netgames without having to open this port.

8.) Where do I get that wad?
If it is not in the Addons section of the SRB2.org website, then it probably hasn't been publicly released yet. Some wads are usually passed around in the IRC chatroom for testing, so you may not be able to find them on the website unless the creator decides to submit it to the Addons section.

9.) What are all of the console commands?
Use the HELP command to get a complete list of commands.

Hey, Mystic! Ya forgot one!

Is SRB2 adware or spyware? What do I do if sonic roboblast2 freezes?

Oops. Excuse me, those weren't frequently asked.

hotdog003 said:
Hey, Mystic! Ya forgot one!

Is SRB2 adware or spyware? What do I do if sonic roboblast2 freezes?

Oops. Excuse me, those weren't frequently asked.

I can anwser those!

Is SRB2 adware or spyware? Neither. It's freeware!
What do I do if sonic roboblast2 freezes? Reset your computer.

Reset my...

Pikawil, that's why I asked. Restartin' that machine takes longer than
eating (and digesting) a toothpick, and I'd fall asleep in the chair. Is there any other way?

I have Windows XP's Task Manager on the Processes tab all the time, so if SRB2 freezes, all I have to do is type s r b 2 <Alt+E> <Space> and it's fixed. That way, even if the resolution doesn't change and I can't see what I'm doing, I still won't have to reboot.

I'm still seriously regretting originally allowing it to be called the "thok glide"... You don't even go at Thok speed, it just looks like you do 'cause of the trail thingy you leave behind. :roll:

I may be bringing back some of the greater things of SPMoves and SRB2RP (which was my other mod that died silently) to make a complete "SRB2 JTE"-type thing, which will hopefully have little to no bugs added to it.

Yay, an SRB2 mod that has all the great random things JTE programs with few to no bugs! And no, I will not be including any new skins or maps like SPMoves, you can make your own this time, you [profanity]s. :evil:

Yes, and I may be improving upon it with the green palette "hack"... Heh, imagine going into the "dark world" and having a palette change to go with it. All the once bright-red crawlas are now a gloomy brown, and the clear blue water is green and murky...

Jason the Echidna said:
I may be bringing back some of the greater things of SPMoves and SRB2RP (which was my other mod that died silently) to make a complete "SRB2 JTE"-type thing, which will hopefully have little to no bugs added to it.

...And Omega will make an "Omega SRB2" mod. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back