SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry it took a long time for me to fix these sprites of Jet and Storm - it's my own fault for not doing so until now.

Storm:
STORMA3A7-1.png

STORM3-1.png

Jet:
83.png

anyone

Anyone know these bugs in SRB2 Riders 146:?

Christmas Hunt doesn't work cause there is no emeralds to hunt for.
Sonic Adventure Example is stuffed because there is no light dash, only zoom tubes like on the 1st Sonic R level that fake it.
And if you hit a spring and land on the exact place you would be balancing on, it still has the animations for when you hit the spring. eg. sonic spinning around with his tongue out.

Re: anyone

srb21103 said:
Anyone know these bugs in SRB2 Riders 146:?

Christmas Hunt doesn't work cause there is no emeralds to hunt for.
Sonic Adventure Example is stuffed because there is no light dash, only zoom tubes like on the 1st Sonic R level that fake it.
And if you hit a spring and land on the exact place you would be balancing on, it still has the animations for when you hit the spring. eg. sonic spinning around with his tongue out.

1st 2 not glitches.

second one, hm....

Re: anyone

srb21103 said:

Spinning with his tongue out?

His mouth is open, and you can see his tongue inside. He must of thought he was sticking his tongue out.

Sorry for being away for two weeks. My computer was just acting up badly. It didn't even turn on this time. It must of been some leak that it had once. I thought it was broken and never to be turned on again, but I never threw it away. And today, I tried turning it on for the 4th time, and it worked.

Never knew how good it felt to have all my files, movies, and projects saved with no side effects. Well, my vacation time ended, so I'll get back to work. I started to miss is already.

I have everything on my second HD. If something happened, I can just remove it and connect the USB connector to it. But other than that, no. No backups. Funny, I kept regretting not getting actual backups 2 or 3 times before, and I still don't bother.

If you ask me...

It sure does TOO look like Sonic's tongue is sticking out, because it is beyond the boundary of his lips, unless someone made a new version, that I didn't here about!

Misc

• I remade the monitors again. You kept getting the Air Points capsule in other modes, and other crazy stuff like that.
  • I also added pages to the Monitors list on the Menu screen. Pages are Riders, Mario Kart, and Sonic R.
  • In OpenGL, I was probably able to add most of the updates that's available on the SVN. I can only think of two right now. Sprites/models are now affected by lighting when under a Floor over Floor with Shadows. The other one is when sectors that had colormaps affected the middle texture, like the GFZGRASS you see on FOFs. That's gone now.

Mario Kart

• Star power and Mushroom power cannot be combined with other items now. I'm still planning on adding a red shell.

Sonic Riders
  • I forgot the stuff that I added to this gametype, but what I recently finished was the modified Turret. What you see here has been planned since the first sketch of STjr Carnival.
srb20009.png

Sonic R

• As you can see in this picture, I removed a code that prevented bots to spawn random animals like this. Since it was successfull, I went ahead and added more.
srb20007.png

• I finally finished the NiGHTS player. You can now successfully play as anyone when in NiGHTS mode.
srb20010.png

You can't see it here, but this is how I was able to add the NiGHTS player. When you fly too fast, the Player moves ahead. Exactly like 2D mode, actually.
srb20017.png

All I had to do was remove MF2_DONTDRAW from the player. Because of MD2 models, I found out that the player isn't deleted, just turned invinsible. So all I have to do now is add the standing sprites, turn the blue trail into a red trail when drilling, and find out what to replace the NiGHTS drone with.

• Tails still has Adventure-mode flight, but he's faster now. If you're descending, and hold the jump button, he flies up just as fast as he does in the Sonic Advance series. He also has a different fly limit. Instead of flying up without stopping, he now stops when his Z position reaches 10. When falling, the limit is 5-10. And since I added more gravity to it, flight mode feels fast and fun.
  • I also added the Drill Meter to the flight counter. You now get to see how much energy you have left, before you come tumbling down. The meter is located on the bottom screen, between the Life icon and the Speed counter.

Spriting

• Since I can now add as many sprites as possible, I can help with making Cream's flying animations. And I can also add Cheese the Chao to make it cool. Unlike Sonic Advance 2/3, he won't lag back if Cream is running.
  • I don't want to release anything until Knuckles, Wave, and Storm are finished. The mod version would probably be around 1.46.5 if it wasn't for them. But because of that, I decided to release this when Wave alone is done.

And finally...

srb20015.png

This is not a joke. I was actually able to accomplish this.

Once I managed to finally move a HUD icon with the player's X and Y position, I spent an entire day perfecting it. The Sonic Icon is a new S_Skin pic, just like the Life Icon. And the map outline works the same way the Level Select picture does. It's 100x100 pixels, so the level limit is supposed to be somewhere around 30272*30272. Wouldn't be that bad, but the highest point of the level is supposed to be -160. Any higher than that, and the Sonic Icon will go above the screen. I think I can fix that, but I'm too tired right now.

Well, that last one took all my energy away, so I guess I'll go watch some TV or something.

Cool!!!! I liked very much the Map idea!

About Wave... what sprites are don´t done yet?
I liked her runing frames!

The Nights mod looks funny!
The MD2 are awesome!

This is a cool mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back