[Open Assets] SRB2: Fall

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
THE FOLLOWING WAS WRITTEN SEPTEMBER 09. However, because Inu forced me to, I fixed what was wrong because Inu told me what the issue was. So yeah, here's your really late GFX mod. I may work on it again later.

It is strongly advised to imagine a song like this while reading.

WAY BACK IN THE DAYS OF 1.08

THERE WAS A MOD THAT REIGNED OVER ALL CALLED SPMOVES

THIS MOD HAD THE ABILITY TO TERRAFORM THE LAND BASED ON SEASONS

LONG AFTER THE DAYS OF 1.08 HAVE PASSED, THE LAND LACKED THE ABILITY TO TRANSFORM OUTSIDE OF CERTAIN HOLIDAYS, AND ULTIMATELY BEING FROZEN IN A CONSTANT STATE

BUT NOW THE DAY OF THE SEASONS HAVE RETURNED*

*between September 1st and the 30th of November

So yeah, all it does is replace some textures and sprites into Fall based ones. Some textures were taken (WITH PERMISSION) from SPMoves. If you doubt this, go ask JTE. It also replaces other textures. A simple thing, but I still feel like sharing it. (It also paves the way for a possible Christmas one...)

SO HOW BOUT THEM SCREENIES

srb20034.png

...You know, I never noticed how empty this place was.
Also, this pic is a bit old; the wad now has the blades of grass used on middle textures, but they didn't when this pic was taken.

srb20167.png

REAL MEN USE GIRLY HEDGEHOGS WITH SPINITEM YELLOW SPRINGS
also cyan is the best color ever

DOWNLOADS:
So, due to SRB2MB hating my uploads, here's a Mirror for the time being:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ak0vt5

Let me know if the link does not work for you.

Attachments

• SPMoves-Fall-ME-v1_2.zip
    125 KB · Views: 1,265
Last edited:
Moved back into submissions from trash. I can't change the files for him while I'm on campus, so I let D00D know so he can do it when he gets unbanned.

We REALLY need more graphics mods.

Also, we could use a [Graphics] prefix.

Last edited:
I like the golden colors you used on the GFZ wall textures. I don't think the GHZ colors work too well, though; it's mainly the darker color that bugs me. Making it more orange would look nice, I think.
It would be cool if someone built a level with this.

Last edited:
So, does this mod change textures based upon date? That'd be cool.

Also, I'm going to second Kyasarin in saying that I love the wall textures in the first screenshot, but the ground looks way too dark, almost as if somebody had scorched the grass. Maybe you could make it lighter with some dashes of vibrate reds, oranges, browns, and yellows.

Otherwise, great idea.

I looked through the textures and I think that the wall textures look more sandy than Autumn-ish. The colors are fine but I don't think the sandy effect is really necessary. On the other hand, I actually think the grass looks fine, considering that grass is usually dying in the Fall..could use some lighter colors, but I'm really not sure.

Erm, guys, this is a port of something from 1.08. This is from SRB2 SPMoves. You know, JTE's exe? I had permission to port it, so I did. The only new things are the grass and the GHZ textures. Most of it is all JTE's stuff.

To be honest, I don't really care for this thing anymore. Yeah, the grass is too dark, and the JNG textures wern't even touched, and I barely did anything other than rename some stuff and add a few more things. I dunno if I'll ever update it either. The only reason I fixed it is because Inu told me how to fix it, and then made me. I'd have let it die, but Inu wanted to encourage users to do stuff like this, I suppose, soooo... Yeah.

(We really do needs more stuff like this btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back