Changing colormap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuba11

^Avatar made by VOLT!^
Hello
Just a quick question - is it possible to change an already existing colormap by any linedef executor? Srb2Wiki says that certain linedef executors don't work with colormaps, though I'm not sure whether it's applied for all of them or not.

I'd assume you would have to use a linedef executor to change the sector's tag which your other colormap would use. It also saves you from tagging 2 sectors to 1 colormap. However, I haven't actually tried this, and if linedef executors don't work in this particular way, then I have another idea.

Try making 2 invisible FOFs, each with a different colormap. Through linedef triggers, change the floor/ceiling of each FOF quickly (and I mean quickly) so that the new colormap shows.

I'd assume you would have to use a linedef executor to change the sector's tag which your other colormap would use. It also saves you from tagging 2 sectors to 1 colormap. However, I haven't actually tried this, and if linedef executors don't work in this particular way, then I have another idea.

Try making 2 invisible FOFs, each with a different colormap. Through linedef triggers, change the floor/ceiling of each FOF quickly (and I mean quickly) so that the new colormap shows.
Trust me, I have tried this plenty of times and there is no (even indirect) way around it. (Note that even invisible FOFs apply colormap to the whole sector despite their size)

About the article:
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Linedef_type_409

I suppose the information about colormap being incompatible with the executors should appear in each article about them (for example, similar linedef 410 lacks it).

Last edited:
Or you could do that silent teleportation gimmick like ERZ does with the elevator. Not sure how that'll work here, however. If you can figure out how to do that, then you're good. But if you want to return to a previous area, you'll need to copy everything first, and if there are any things in the sector, it won't look right when you realize a ring has 'respawned'.

Interesting, though I'm afraid numerous sectors and things could cause lag, and I need this working for CTF level, so things could get too complicated for me to handle. Worth trying out though. Since the teleportation doesn't have to be silent in that case (Should be kind of spectacular, actually), maybe I'll come up with something interesting. I sure will have to think about how I'll handle it.
Thanks for the ideas Pyro :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back