July/August 2011 Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think that Nuclear Sunset 2 was much better in terms of design and atmosphere, but the community really values innovation. I think that's why D00D's map won. But I bet it being hilarious helped, too.
Yup, exactly the reason why I liked the map. (Er.. 80% that I've played) I'm pretty sure this has to be the highest rated map ever. I'm wondering if D00D can make some sort of "sequel" and outdo his first attempt.

Yup, exactly the reason why I liked the map. (Er.. 80% that I've played) I'm pretty sure this has to be the highest rated map ever. I'm wondering if D00D can make some sort of "sequel" and outdo his first attempt.

Yea but you know what happens with sequels. They usually do worse than the prequel to it.

"Prequel" implies it came out after the original, IIRC.

More importantly, that's not the case here; NSZ2 was definitely better than NSZ1, and the scores reflect that.

In 640x400? That's the only resolution where I start caring if the map lags.

Y'know, I'm always running the game in this resolution and it always was lagging to me. But the contest is over and I don't think anybody cares anyway.

Not a bad bunch of levels this contest, I must admit. It's weird how I always resurface at some of the most interesting times. Anyways, I'll go ahead and speak my mind about the SP levels since I have yet to fully test the match levels.

Red House by Ice - Another Red's house? It doesn't matter how many times this one has been hashed out, it is rather artistic, and the house itself is deceptively large. Also...haha, I pushed Red off the cliff. 8/10

Pipe Towers - I can honestly say I've seen better from you in the ways of an srb2 level, FFF. But as far as Mario-based level, I like this one. It does have a certain Mario feel to it. 7/10

Aquatic Temple - Kuba, you're are not even nice. A water level with gargoyle statues is not even cool to do to a guy. But you do get an average score for providing a challenge. 6/10

Midnight Pass Zone - I actually don't have much to say about this one. 7/10

Dumbventure by D00D64 - I have to concede right away that you have one interesting mind. With that said, damn is this level good. The music, the challenge the environment, all of it. Two questions do come to mind though:
1)Where's the damn white emerald? Because I either passed or I didn't look hard enough, and
2)How in God's name did you manage to hide 101 emblems in that stage??
10/10

There aren't actually any emblems in the stage.
srb20457-2.png

*plays twilight zone theme and runs away*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back