The Ghoul's Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was freaking scary! I didn't play it but I opened it and played the sound, and I jumped! High. :eek: oh by the way, and enemy like that is easy to make. The waiting frame needs to be blank, and it needs to be set to look. Its see state needs to be visible and scary, and it's see sound needs to be freaky. *Decides to play it... faints*. :lol:

Draykon said:
Now, I don't have and way of hearing the audio, but that seemed like the sort of thing that only works once. Yeah, it's sorta neat when the face comes out of nowhere, but it doesn't really seem like much more can be done after that.

The ghoul constantly screeches loudly, which, doubled by the lack of rings and constant moving around, lead to me freaking out. There was also no actual music, except for some eerie background noise, kind of like, I dunno, creepy wind or something. The effect definitely relies on sound.

Ok...if everyone is saying "OMG THAT LEVEL IS SO SCARY!!", I absolutely must play this level. I love horror games/levels (whatever) so this should be fun.
And it's hard to scare the hell outta me...
(>.> watch me come back saying it scared the crap outta me)

K, I did a bit of screwing around; this is what I found:

You CAN make the face go away. Shoot it with a ring.

It'll come back.

There's four of them I think, but I'm still looking around. I may be wrong about it reappearing, and that I probably just shot the different ones.

The level is epic, although getting from one side to another is some what tedious.

While there's four of the faces, I'm thinking that they come out by a trigger; walking into certain parts of the forest.

Samsas Traum versus the Vampires goes well with this.

Edit-
k, letting it get close to you is a bit of a stun. I got a numb spine right now. That was kinda cool though.

EDIT!-

WOAH! This thing is a boss? Shoot it with rings. It disappears and comes back. Keep shooting it. It eventually let's out it's final screeches and explodes.

Nother edit, lol-

Six hits to kill it. The Death is spectacular.

That level was amazing! It was insanely scary, considering I played this fairly late (or early, however you want to put it). The end was great though, and you're right. It isn't the same with Chasecam on.

Anyway, it's nice to finally have a dark level, instead of the annoying brightness of every single level SRB2 has.

Blue Warrior said:
I was having framerate due to the size of the forest
Yeah, but it's the only way to make that surrounding :)

Vash said:
This map you made can be scary if you have sound turned on. If it's off, then it shouldn't be that scary. Try it.
Then it's not fun :P

Vash said:
I think I did that to one person before.. on accident.
Yeah, I was that person ¬_¬ XD

luis90 said:
How did you make that? The mask and stuff.
The mask, the paranoic music and the screams comes from the original Ghoul's Forest, and all the SOCing and the level are made by me. It's hard to tell how I made the SOC :P

Draykon said:
Though I must admit, I am impressed that you managed to SOC an enemy like that on what appears to be your first released WAD.
It's my first released WAD, but not my first one ;P

God flippin heck I jumped a few times playing this wad. I think you've done a good job at this. You made the n00bs cry for help XD.

I meant, how did you combine the level and the soc?

Oh, and if you want a closeup of it, turn brightness all the way up, or...

play any boss level.

luis90 said:
I meant, how did you combine the level and the soc?
I used XWE for this. Once you have it, open the wad you want with it, and import the soc as a lump. Then, rename the lump to MAINCFG :P

XWE?

Isn't that for characters?

So you are telling me, you made a level, with soccing sprites, and you used XWE to finish those sprites/sounds?

M-azing

XWE is a lump editor. It can basically edit almost anything that has to do with SRB2 (even maps, but I highly reccommend not using it for maps).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back