What level editor do YOU recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonichu

bought a 4chan gold account
SRB2DB is now obsolete (barring the converter - I want to use the newer objects), and the Doom Builder 2 setup keeps on crapping out on me. Now, I don't really care which program I'm using, but what do you recommend?

SRB2DB.

I love the dev 2.0 config that I use, even if it's a complete and utter mess.

If you're not content with SRB2DB, you could try SRB2 Workbench - sort of like Doom Builder and WadAuthor's lovechild.

Workbench has an edit-all funtion, Doom Builder does not, and is type-specific editing. Which can be tedious to swap between.

Then again, Workbench has type-specific editing too, it just happens that workbench has no 3D mode, to compensate. (Things can't be TOO awesome. Except ERZ2.)

909090hey said:
I use srb2db, but then again, i suck at making levels so..... i wish i could release my beta level.
You can put it up in Editing for reviews.

That's how I go about it.

I make the map then put it there.

Once most people are satisfied with it,
I put it in the Releases for judging.

And it's okay if you're not great.

At least you're trying.

I use DB... but just because I use it for other stuff, too. I even don't know what SRB2DB looks like. Call me an ignorant but I don't want to have multiple programs on my harddrive that basically do the same thing. :-p

If you want to use the new config file in "normal" DB you just have to open it in MSnotepad and replace the line:

type = "SRB2 Doom Builder Game Configuration";

with

type = "Doom Builder Game Configuration";

ZarroTsu said:
If you're not content with SRB2DB, you could try SRB2 Workbench - sort of like Doom Builder and WadAuthor's lovechild.

Workbench has an edit-all funtion, Doom Builder does not, and is type-specific editing. Which can be tedious to swap between.

Then again, Workbench has type-specific editing too, it just happens that workbench has no 3D mode, to compensate. (Things can't be TOO awesome. Except ERZ2.)
Sounds like an awesome program. Too bad it's on closed beta.

Out of curiosity, where do you GET SRB2 Workbench? I can't find it.

Also, you know what would be really good? If someone could make a new version of SRB2DB designed off of DB2, which has awesome features SRB2DB lacks.

Got the password? The post is password protected so he can't get it even if he wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back