How To Not Be Awful: A Guide To Internet Relay Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K. then,
Other notes:
If you are not interested in a topic, don't bash it, in #srb2fun we talk about a little bit of everything. Just wait, in a while they'll be talking about something else, unless your REALLY interested in arguing with people, or causing a fuss.

Arguing is fine. Outright banning arguments is stupid.
It's when they hit the idiocy level that they are stopped.

Incidentally, the IRC channel has been a lot more bearable as of late. I don't know if this thread had anything to do with it, really, but I'm happy.

I have too noticed it. I hope it continues to get better.

I have a suggestions:

How about a guide about what does the commands and system messages means!

For example i still don't get this * Set by ShadowHog!ShadowHog @ blahblahblah thing!

EDIT1: I also don't get the +b sets mode blablabla one!

Last edited:
I got a little advice...

-Watch your wording or the **** might hit the fan and, believe me you - when that happens, it's gonna go EVERYWHERE.

-Try to keep your wits about you with the other members. Ignore those stupidity impulses that tell you to say ridiculous things; trust me. You're better off keeping your trap shut if you can't keep a good sense of intellect about yourself.

-Don't just join and stay silent. That's kinda agitating, to just see someone sit there and do nothing whatsoever. It's no problem if you're away, but if you just come in, plop down and eat a lurkburger, you're not really helping anything.

Hope I helped. ^ w^

I really don't think bashing would be the word for that.

Good point, hmm.

Also, I don't know why. But the chats have been "[highlight]I think we can just say 'inappropriate' here, don't you? ~Rob[/highlight]" at times. Is anyone noticing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm kinda bumping this, but I'm quite stuck. My MiRC expired as of late, and I just downloaded XChat, but it doesn't appear to work. Whenever I choose a channel/server thing and search for #srb2fun, it doesn't come up with anything. Is there a SPECIFIC server I'm sepuse to choose? And when I try to manualy join #srb2fun, I end up in an empty room. Only I'm there. Which kind of makes no sense, I mean, there's ALWAYS someone there, even AFK people. And yes I logged at a time where people were usually online...
Help plox?

I know I'm kinda bumping this, but I'm quite stuck.
Well, if this was an IRC help thread, nobody would have a problem if you bumped it. But this is not an IRC help thread, even if the title may suggest that. This topic is about how you behave correctly in the IRC channel. But anyway...

Whenever I choose a channel/server thing and search for #srb2fun, it doesn't come up with anything. Is there a SPECIFIC server I'm sepuse to choose?
The server is EsperNet, the channel is #srb2fun. If there was nobody in the channel, you probably had the wrong server chosen. I don't use XChat myself, so I can't tell you exactly where you change the server, but it should be somewhere in one of the menus, I guess :S

My MiRC expired as of late, and I just downloaded XChat, but it doesn't appear to work.

mIRC expires? From what I know, you just have to wait until you can press continue. Then press continue again. Once in a while it will exit and you will have to reopen it, but it never truly expires. It just gets more and more annoying.

Last edited:
MiRC expires? From what I know, you just have to wait until you can press continue. Then press continue again. Once in a while it will exit and you will have to reopen it, but it never truly expires. It just gets more and more annoying.

Yeah, sometimes mIRC will repeatingly say "Exit" instead of "Continue" at times, maybe for hours, and sometimes even days.

However, it always gives in again eventually. =P

Yeah, sometimes mIRC will repeatingly say "Exit" instead of "Continue" at times, maybe for hours, and sometimes even days.

However, it always gives in again eventually. =P
For me, after one year (365 days) it didn't give me that option, even after I waited a while.

Last edited:
I know I'm kinda bumping this, but I'm quite stuck. My MiRC expired as of late, and I just downloaded XChat, but it doesn't appear to work. Whenever I choose a channel/server thing and search for #srb2fun, it doesn't come up with anything. Is there a SPECIFIC server I'm sepuse to choose? And when I try to manualy join #srb2fun, I end up in an empty room. Only I'm there. Which kind of makes no sense, I mean, there's ALWAYS someone there, even AFK people. And yes I logged at a time where people were usually online...
Help plox?

Change your server to irc.esper.net and the channel to #srb2fun.

I have unstuck this thread and locked it as its original purpose has been done and the chatroom is the same as ever~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back