Forum Rules - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
blargen said:
You know... This is right off the top of my head but what is the point of the whole perm ban thing? Really what good does it do? Mabey you should ban banning, lol.

No, we can't get rid of banning. The perm ban is a punishment if you break the rules. We can't get rid of it.

Perm ban = Permanent ban.

If you break a rule, you get a week ban. Continue to do something stupid, you get 2 weeks ban. Don't stop being retarded, and you get 52 weeks of ban time.

After that, or if someone joins to post nothing but spam, then you get a permanent ban. You won't be able to come back.

Ban banning? I can see why you lol'd.

I think that the rules need to be updated. All the screwed up code is interfering with reading, and is distracting.

What screwed up code? The rules look fine here. I'll just assume HTML isn't enabled in your profile. Enable it.

You know what? The rules look like they could use....
Nothing. They seem perfect the way they are...

can some1 help me?
i alltime get kicked from all servers in multiplayer.
i talk with host of servers and they say i kicked with this problem: Consistency Failure
What i must do?

First: This is not the place to discuss that problem.
Second:Get a better server,forward your ports(maybe that will help.)
Third: C-kicks means your not connecting properly to the server.(I think)

nikslg said:
can some1 help me?
i alltime get kicked from all servers in multiplayer.
i talk with host of servers and they say i kicked with this problem: Consistency Failure
What i must do?

This is rather ironic.

Geez, there seems to be a sudden enormous outbreak of rulebending and n00bism. Isn't it time we cracked down on these people? They're getting out of control.

About "*downloads*":
http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=17849

Torgo has posted an announcement "saying that we will no longer tolerate posts that have something on the lines of "This looks cool! *downloads*""

I totally agree it's against rules if I post a one-line post with "This looks cool! *downloads*". But if I write 10 lines commenting about the wad and in the last line I write *Ezer'Arch is downloading*, would I be breaking the rules?

(Off-topic: Torgo has got a new avatar!)

How would you comment about the wad without downloading it first? I suppose you can comment about the scenic aspects as seen in the screenshots. That wouldn't be quite as useless as just saying "this is cool - downloads", but not quite as useful as a full review. Just leave out the *downloads* part just to be safe. Other then that, your post would be okay since you are saying more then just "I am about to download your file".

Do we have a rule about not abusing the spoiler tag? Some mobile web browsers don't work with it right, and it's annoying to have to click for it when it's not really a spoiler. I'd rather have a long page than one with hundreds of spoiler tags.

As an example, look at the IRC quotes topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back