The official MLP fad has been overdone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
Why are there ponies around every god damn corner I turn?

Moderator Notice:
Note: this thread was created by splitting off-topic posts from the introductions topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because fads come and go on the internet with alarming regularity, and ponies are in and will continue to be in until everyone finds something new to obsess over.

Because fads come and go on the internet with alarming regularity, and ponies are in and will continue to be in until everyone finds something new to obsess over.
This.

Remember our community's PPGZ fad? It was exactly the same. A third the community was into it, another third opposed it, and the rest didn't care, and then it vanished.

also lol spazzo

I don't have a problem with Touhou. Normally I would have no opinion on all three of them if people didn't make a big deal out of them. And PPGZ didn't last for like a month, I literally barely remember the thread. This pony shit has been going for almost a year.

What I find abhorrent isn't the show itself but this group mentality so many people here have that they need to idolize and obsess over it and warp it into their subculture, like they have done with everything before it. I only think this is the worst account, since people are literally going out of their way to make it clear that they like a show whose cast and visual style are clearly designed for the smallest of little girls.

I don't have a problem with Touhou. Normally I would have no opinion on all three of them if people didn't make a big deal out of them. And PPGZ didn't last for like a month, I literally barely remember the thread. This pony shit has been going for almost a year.

What I find abhorrent isn't the show itself but this group mentality so many people here have that they need to idolize and obsess over it and warp it into their subculture, like they have done with everything before it. I only think this is the worst account, since people are literally going out of their way to make it clear that they like a show whose cast and visual style are clearly designed for the smallest of little girls.

This, a hundred times over.

I mean, four years ago (or longer, I don't remember exactly), it was an April Fool's joke here...anyone remember "Rainbow Pony Blast 2"? What could have possibly happened in those four years to make a complete farce like that become reality? It's quite sad, really...

I'm not saying that I oppose the altercation of gender roles, I'm very much in support of that...but for your own sake, "ponies" really isn't an attractive trait to have, as an outsider looking in. It's like you guys aren't even trying to pick up girls anymore, if you had to ask me.

Last edited:

I can't BEGIN to express how much I agree with this.

I used to defend people who watched MLP because, well, it's whatever. I can't anymore, they've gotten that bad.

The degree to which it's being flaunted in peoples' faces, not just here, but over the entire fucking internet is absolutely fucking atrocious. It really DOES need to be put to an end.

Last edited:
...So this topic has become "Pony obsessions are bad" instead of "Introduce Yourself" now?

Just pointing that out.

Rob note - For appropriate context, this topic was split from the Introduce Yourselves topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue with the spreading is mainly to do with the actual people rather then the actual show content. By this point there has been so much stuff made on it that there is no way that it wouldn't be spread or jokes/memes/references would be made towards it on forums. When you have an extremely obssessive fanbase you typically get stuff like this. But we haven't had anything like MLP because of the fact it didn't have any lasting power at all compared to a long running cartoon show.

Also, welcome back to the forums Spazzo. I rather hope someone makes an actual colloseum topic out of this instead of sidetracking this topic.

Dramadramadrama.

Who cares? Let them post their ponies. If you're annoyed by it, ignore it like you do (or should do) with everything else that annoys you. The internet is so full of stupid and annoying things that you would go crazy in no time if you weren't able to ignore them. By complaining about it in a public thread, you're just making the whole affair that much more annoying.

Dramadramadrama.

Who cares? Let them post their ponies. If you're annoyed by it, ignore it like you do (or should do) with everything else that annoys you. The internet is so full of stupid and annoying things that you would go crazy in no time if you weren't able to ignore them. By complaining about it in a public thread, you're just making the whole affair that much more annoying.

Holy hell, this to the heavens.

This thread is utterly pointless. Yes, it's a show that really shouldn't be this popular. And for some, that can be said of a lot of things. For me, the same could be said of Seinfeld.

However, that doesn't make it necessary for a thread to be made for the idea of killing it off. It'll go as it pleases, so either shut up and wait, or join the herd.

Dramadramadrama.

I do ignore them -- by refraining from regularing this forum anymore, like anyone who wishes to keep their sanity would do.

Again, I don't have a problem with people liking the show. There are plenty of reasonable people I know on other forums who call themselves "bronies" but don't advertise it everywhere they go with names/avatars/signatures complete with reaction images or jokes that would be unfunny even if you were familiar with the cartoon; they have a gigantic-ass thread for MLP, but it mostly stays contained inside that thread and doesn't really bother anyone else.

This is not one of those forums. This is the SRB2MB, which is, and has been for several years, home to the least independent or realistic people I have been exposed to for a significant period of time, most or all of whom lack the humor or sense necessary to make them credible in a less dated and narrow-minded community. Their personalities shine ever brighter through this mundane, annoying insistence to fuse the show with the overall culture of this forum, without the humor or sense of other communities to make such references enjoyable or warranted. They have always done this with whatever meme was popular at the time, but the absurdity of this new instance makes it all the more blatant as to why I stopped coming here in the first place.

* To vent
* To make a point
* To hopefully get some people to understand how obnoxious this fad really has become.

While I agree that the whole thing has become rather obnoxious, there's no need to have a thread dedicated to trying to piss off a portion of the community on purpose.

It's not here to piss off a portion of the community on purpose.

It's here because enough people dislike what it's become enough that they felt the need to actually say something.

Tell me, how would you fix the problem? (And it is a problem)

Being that I am somewhat involved with this portion of the community, I can't really propose a solution that would both rid the forums of pony references while keeping everyone happy. I thought it was fine the way it currently was before someone decided to make a topic for this specific purpose.

Even though there are people who dislike this whole thing, it's also being an asshole to try and enforce some sort of end to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back