Bad habit of picking the strongest character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you are alot like me. In racing, I choose the fastest, no matter what. In fighting, I always choose the strongest.

In SSBB, I play with random characters for fun, hence I get good with all the characters. It's not so much picking the most powerful character, as the best character for the situation. And Mystic, why don't you use Shiek? Shiek and Zelda need each other, as they are steeped opposites. Pick up Shiek and I think you'll do much better. Btw, how the crap is Peach powerful?

Change of subject, Custom Robo. If you use Rahu III, yeah it's cheap, and I'll probably disable illegal parts all together. However, if you look at Rahu III gun... Just because it has high stats doesn't mean it's useful. Also, I love ultimate legs; I'd rather move as fast as I think than think as fast as I move.

Hannyness said:
Jazz said:
I would say in a lot of games, there are no "powerful" characters. What is powerful is the strategy and skill of the person controlling the character.

Hence, I pick characters whose strengths play into my strategies, whether they be to hit fast and run, be balanced all-round, or be slow and powerful.

Any character is "top tier" when played with the correct skill and strategy.

Same. I own as Amy in SA2.
Strickly speaking, Amy and Metal are both rather overpowered in that game. A skilled Amy player versus pretty much anyone except a particularly tricky Metal player is a pretty guranteed victory on Amy's part. What with completely immobilizing enemies, striking them with a storm of hearts as soon as they can move again, only to freeze them once more before they can regain balance. (Metal has the advantage in that he retains most of his momentum when hit by Amy flash.)

Super mystic sonic said:
on Edge said:
SMS tries to create the most powerful recolor for SRB2 and then makes a topic saying overpowered-ness is bad. Tell me I'm not the only one who sees the irony here.

Could you not involve SMS into anything anymore? Its cancelled since April, if you didn't know. I cancelled it for a reason, so stop bothering me about it.

So why is it still linked to in your signature? So more people will play it and there will be even more terrible servers filled with SMS abusing noobs?

But, yeah, the whole most powerful thing is pretty big in class games (BF2, TF2, etc)...
You can have the guy with the rocket launcher, that's all fine and dandy, but he'll suck against fast moving targets.

I usually play as the all-around character if there is a character I'm not comfortable with in the game, I almost always play as Mario in the Smash games. A perfect mix of power and speed. If I don't use him, I use Link. He's good, but his recovering jumps are horrible.

If I'm playing for the fun of it, I probably choose Mewtwo or Ganondorf. Otherwise, it's Fox, or the usual Picachu. But in Sonic Battle, I can easily play and beat a 30-lives 1-3 Team Match game against Sonic, Amy, and Shadow as Chaos. Mainly because his Dash move makes me invinsible, and can still hurt them when I do my dash attack.

On SRB2, I stopped playing as Tails months ago. Everybody kept catching up to me easily, and they used me as target practice. Now with Sonic, I can actually dodge people's rings with the thok, and can catch up to everybody else.

Jazz said:
I would say in a lot of games, there are no "powerful" characters. What is powerful is the strategy and skill of the person controlling the character.

Hence, I pick characters whose strengths play into my strategies, whether they be to hit fast and run, be balanced all-round, or be slow and powerful.

The SSBM fanatics would murder you for saying that.

Essentially, by this logic, you're a noob to them.

Yeah, people under that kind of logic would think that, until they got their asses handed to them by a Jigglypuff player.

I also must have you note that I did not mention SSBM anywhere in that post. I was discussing games in general, though my statement does still hold true for SSBM.

Almost any character is good when played properly. I don't care how good a character is on paper unless it is being controlled by a player with sufficient skill. If that makes me a noob, so be it.

Hey! Don't mess with Jigglypuff! Rest is (quite possibly) the most powerful standalone skill in the game (meaning one skill, without major prep like bucketing 3 PK flashes). I actually beat the final event using Jigglypuff. Giga Bowser's hit radius is huge, perfect for rest.

Warpshade said:
Hey! Don't mess with Jigglypuff! Rest is (quite possibly) the most powerful standalone skill in the game (meaning one skill, without major prep like bucketing 3 PK flashes). I actually beat the final event using Jigglypuff. Giga Bowser's hit radius is huge, perfect for rest.

So did I. But Ganondorf and Mewtwo are quite a bit harder to rest with.

At first I didn't think he was that good, seeing the power of his moves and his kind of weak range. But I see his arial game is amazing, and way more controlable(and usefull) than Kirby's.

Hm...maybe we should try involve a fight game thats not Smash Bros...

Warpshade said:

Wasn't messing with Jigglypuff.

I know a person who is quite exceptional playing as Jigglypuff. Its aerial game is superb, and Rollout is dead useful, doubling as horizontal recovery and a powerful hit on anyone not paying attention.

Then there is always rest. Nothing like a well-targeted rest. =)

I usually choose a average character in games like DBZ Tenkachi 2 like Teen Gohan. I usually am not too focused on power, but I prefer speed. But an overpowered character like SSJ4 Gogeta makes it too easy to win and is no fun.

Jazz said:

My fav is Kirby.
Hes weak, but fast. He can land a few blows before ninja dropping you.
But hes being replaced by Sonic!

(Brawl)

(Kraid 4 brawl)

I usually wind up playing as Yoshi for Smash Bro.s. At Youmacon's Smash Brothers Meele Tournament I was the only Yoshi.

Funny this is coming from the person that made the most overpowered SRB2 person ever.

And, besides I beat SS4 Gogeta with Krillin... NEVER DOUBT TRUE POWER!

No seriously, I'm not kidding all you have to do is send him flying with a big punch then use his Kamehameha to the max.

Super mystic sonic said:
Could you not involve SMS into anything anymore? Its cancelled since April, if you didn't know. I cancelled it for a reason, so stop bothering me about it.

Let's leave the past where it belongs.

As for me, I usually pick whatever character appeals to me the most.
If it's the strongest, so be it. If not, oh well.

Silver360 said:
And, besides I beat SS4 Gogeta with Krillin... NEVER DOUBT TRUE POWER!

No seriously, I'm not kidding all you have to do is send him flying with a big punch then use his Kamehameha to the max.

I take it you fought with a bot since you're saying SSJ4 Gogeta instead of "my friend playing as SSJ4 Gogeta".

In Mario&Sonic at the olympics, I try to play as Mario alot, but everytime I do, I at least fail at some area, even though Mario is supposed to be all-round.

Everytime I use Sonic I seem to win everything, including power and stamina needing events. Are Sonic stats a lie and is he just totally overpowerd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back