I want to help with the development of SRB2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kio

Hiya,
for some time now I am downloading all versions or srb2 that came out but I am dissapointed that I saw the same badniks over and over.

I am very good at drawing at hand and coloring in photoshop so I was wondering if I could draw some graphics of sonic badniks for you to use in the next version (like crabmeats, ball hogs, orbinauts, rollers etc.)?

I don't know how to create wads, I am going to draw the badniks from 8 different angles animated and you will have to make them into a wad and put them in the game.

What do you think?

:eek:

Sorry I'll edit it. I didn't know.

Okay, done. I believe that's ok.

[I am seriously sorry but you could pm me for that.]

ingame6ej.gif

I created a full animated crabmeat badnik. Here is a screenshot.
(note that this is a photo edit of how could it look like not actual game pic.)

kio said:
ingame6ej.gif

I created a full animated crabmeat badnik. Here is a screenshot.
(note that this is a photo edit of how could it look like not actual game pic.)

That's cool, but we're not going for enemies from other games. Do you have a whole spritesheet of that crabmeat?

That's cool, but we're not going for enemies from other games. Do you have a whole spritesheet of that crabmeat?
I agree with that, I'd better not see any zombie from resident evil in srb2!
:eek:

Yeah I'll mail it to you.
It contains front and back animated sprites (you should not need any side sprites but if you do tell me so I can create them)

Just tell me the dimensions of the sonic sprite you are using so I can resize it for you unless you want the full-sized spritesheet to resize it yourself.

Unfortunately, you DO need side sprites, since you can see the Gani-gani/Crabmeat from various angles (this IS a 3D game, after all). Unless, of course, we're talking an enemy that's always facing the camera (DOOM, and subsequently SRB2, allows for that - just use 0 as the angle in the lumpname, and it'll show for ALL angles), but those are rare.

Of course, enemies probably take less effort than a fully-fledged character, but even still...

Anyway, I love the look of that enemy. If you're willing to draw out all the other frames, then you'd make a great spriter.

BTW, if you would just give us the frame separate from the scene, we can actually put it in the game for you, to show how it'd look. Most likely it'd act as stationary and utterly harmless as a tree, but that's enough to illustrate the object's looks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back