Nintendo or SEGA? Whats more awesome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither, Nintendo is now catering to Moms and "people who don't even play games" and SEGA only cares about profit.

Well, unlike Mario, if you were to go to Sonic's classic roots, It'd still be interesting (Sonic Megamix anyone?)
I think Sega is many times better than Nintendo, see, even though the newer Sonic engines are not as good as they used to be...they still have a certian appeal. I will admit, I found the Sonic Unleashed engine (Hedgehog Engine) to be really kick ass. Where as Nintendo will always produce the same game with slightly different levels. The only series that I think should keep the same engine is Legend of Zelda, that should never change.

Neither, Nintendo is now catering to Moms and "people who don't even play games" and SEGA only cares about profit.

Oh, how dare those video game BUSINESSES only be concerned with making a profit! Why should they try to make money off of profitable, expanding gaming demographics when they can just keep making new, innovative, and exciting games that don't sell jack because the "hardcore" demographic is just too small to justify production costs?

Get your head out of your nether regions, man.

Oh, how dare those video game BUSINESSES only be concerned with making a profit! Why should they try to make money off of profitable, expanding gaming demographics when they can just keep making new, innovative, and exciting games that don't sell jack because the "hardcore" demographic is just too small to justify production costs?

Get your head out of your nether regions, man.
Maybe, and to answer your request, no

If Nintendo and Sega were competing like in the '90s, They would have the other's competition as sort of an 'inspiration'. Nintendo isn't directly competing with Microsoft or Sony with Wii and Ds's 'casual games', Microsoft has their share of the "Hardcore" crowd while the Sony has a share what's left. This isn't counting people who own all the systems or more than one of the current generation's consoles

This is a hard decision, I would have to say both. They both make good games that fun and easy to play, I just can't say who is better. Plus, with the cooperation of Nintendo and SEGA again with Mario and Sonic at Winter Olympics, it looks like a really good racing/action game.

Besides from that, I can't really tell which company is better from what I've seen from my years, but if I have to decide, probably SEGA, I own more SEGA games than Nintendo games.

As far as awesomeness goes, I think it's more apropriate to look at individual franchises. I think Sonic the Hedgehog is awesome, but I also really like Mario (and most of its derivative franchises), The Legend of Zelda and Metroid.

Sadly, I've never gotten the chance to play the original NiGHTS, Jet Set Radio or Crazy Taxi. I can only guess they are awesome.

i like sega for the sonic games, but i say nintendo is the best. have you played mario kart wii yet? it is awesomeness

Definitely Sega!!
Wanna know why? It's all because of the 2 best game systems EVER made! The Genesis, and the Dreamcast!

Nintendo... They're pretty cool... but... I don't know, there something in my mind that makes me believe that Sega is better, I don't care if they failed on half of their consoles, I just love Sega more than any other gaming industry!

As I am typing this, I am also saving up to buy a Dreamcast. I don't really get much money... I'm now at about 14 bucks...

SEGA because...uuumm...JUST BECAUSE THEY,RE OK!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

(if only I could choose Midway)

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back