How to use OpenGL in 2.0.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what do I do to load atleast one of them(example: TAILS.md2) without being covered? And i need a new Tails's MD2 because mine doesn't work

SRB2Net is an outdated launcher. Then OpenGL won't work there. Use TUSL as launcher and in parameters type -opengl. Simply.

I always get this error when trying to use OpenGl even Cinefast:
"LoadLibrary() FAILED : coundn't load 'r_opengl.dll'"
"Error initializing OpenGL"

I tried to replace OpenGl with everything and it keeps the same error. People have told me to delete some files that include opengl buti dont know which one.
Mabye I need a file? Someone please Help.

You can't have more than one player model loaded at one time.
Is anyone working on making it possible for more than one Md2 for characters? (Sonic.md2 for skin Sonic, Tails.md2 for skin Tails, etc.)

Um... I have r_opengl.dll and have tried many versions of it.(Sf94, Srb21.09.4, Srb2 Mb, Sky The Destroyer's Version, Etc.) But I still get the same error...

I have al sorts of things in that same folder, I wonder if I am blocking it or something with another file. I have .bat, .wad, .exe, .bak, .dbs, .dta, .plr, .srb .zip and .cfg files in it. I dont know whats wrong. I wish to still play Cineblast - Latest Version..., and try OpenGl for my first time.

For one, download it again from that link, because sometimes it is updated along with the exe and only the most recently updated will work. 2, make sure you have 1.09.4 and 2.0.6. in different folders. 3,
http://mystic.sepwich.com/srb2wad/srb2netv25.zip
Click the above, download it, put it in your 2.0.6. folder, click on it, then you will see a list of buttons to the upper left, choose "Main Options". In the main screen choose "OpenGL Mode", and to use cineblast with OpenGL, click "Alternate EXE", And in the bar to the right of it, put in Srb2c(the ".exe" is not required), the current name of the cineblast Srb2 exe. If you also want OpenGL for 1.09.4 or any of it's mods, just put a copy of the program in your 1.09.4 folder.
A few other features of the program is adding wads and socs very easily(just make sure the last wad/soc you add is in the srb2 folder(same place as the exe) or it will look for the exe in the same folder as the last wad/soc added, therefor won't find it -.-).
Most of the network options don't work, and the colors on the "game options" screen is outdated.

Tips and tricks for OpenGL?

Hate to bump up a topic that is several months old, but I have been looking around for some answers and so far I haven't found anything that helped me out.

Anyways, I started messing around with OpenGL just to see what was so great about it. I do like the fact that I can be able to look all the way up and all the way down when I am in first person, but everything just looks flat. I was looking up some Youtube videos about it and saw some lighting effects in the game, so I have been trying to find out how to do that. I have created the BAT file for OpenGL and such... Now I just need to figure out what else I can do with it. So, any tips or tricks that I can use with this thing?

Last edited:
Hate to bump up a topic that is several months old, but I have been looking around for some answers and so far I haven't found anything that helped me out.

Anyways, I started messing around with OpenGL just to see what was so great about it. I do like the fact that I can be able to look all the way up and all the way down when I am in first person, but everything just looks flat. I was looking up some Youtube videos about it and saw some lighting effects in the game, so I have been trying to find out how to do that. I have created the BAT file for OpenGL and such... Now I just need to figure out what else I can do with it. So, any tips or tricks that I can use with this thing?
Lighting Effects were only in Older version of Srb2 Prior to 2.0. =/
BTW, Link to the video just to make sure it wasn't 2.0?

Lighting effects are not available in vanilla SRB2 anymore. If you compile the latest SRB2Cineblast source code you could gain access, but this may result in many problems, including but not limited to an incompatibility with DeHackEd patches, and death.

Ah, I see... Well that sucks. Oh well, at least it is still nice to use when it comes to smoothing out the graphics and being able to see all over the place.

As for the video, I found it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xmxva-jpTc&feature=related

I assumed it still worked with OpenGL in 2.0, but when I tried it kept telling "Unknown command [insert command here]". Heh, at least I know now that it does not work. Still, would have been nice to still use it.

Part of the reason is that the old lighting effects really didn't work all that well, and looked quite unnatural under most situations, even more so than having no lighting at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back