How to make crushers go to the side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky

Kay
Ok, my question is: How can I make a sector move to the side, but to work like a crusher? Because I can make vertical ones, but I can't make horizontal ones.

Use polyobjects. Place them in such a way that they occupy the entire height of the sector and make them move like you want them to. Also, if you want to crush the player into a wall, make sure that the sector they push the player into has an "instant kill" effect; polyobjects prefer trapping people in walls to killing them.

Also, if you want to crush the player into a wall, make sure that the sector they push the player into has an "instant kill" effect; polyobjects prefer trapping people in walls to killing them.
I have never done this myself, but it should suffice to use the Crush Spawn Point for the PolyObject. As long as it's going sufficiently fast, this should crush any players who are caught between it and a wall.

Thanks for the help, everyone. First, I will check out the polyobject tutorial, since I never worked on polyobjects before. More learning for me.

Just load up ERZ2 in SRB2DB and take a look at how it's done there.
ERZ2 is absolutely massive and complicated. It's pretty difficult to even find the spot you're looking for, never mind figuring out how certain things are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back