• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tikal Beta finally out! Now for the real thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm a philosopher myself, and my philosophy isn't exactly what you would call "happy" or "uplifting".

Anyway, back on topic. I'm not much of a Tikal fan, but I think this will turn out quite well. When you have a working copy, please provide a download for testing purposes. I do personally like the slower characters, so I might like it.

Re: My Tikal WIP

I'll Begin said:
Then why are you making a character wad?

1. Because this happens to be easy and I enjoy doing it
2. This may just improve my art skills
3. I WANT TIKAL!
4. Because I said I would and I'm not going back on that.
And, last but not least:
5. It beats doing chores!
(There's another reason why, but it's nobody's business)

Is that a decent answer for your question?

Also, I'm not getting any help on this, UberShell. This is my first, and I want to do it myself. Now, unless you have suggestions to offer don't hassle me.

Angelus_the_echidna said:
2. This may just improve my art skills

Good! I like the positive outlook!

Now, unless you have suggestions to offer don't hassle me.

Just keep working, go at your own pace, take your time, and don't worry if some people dislike it. Remember, as long as you make a WAD that you would like, then you're a success!

*throws Lord Of The Flies in a fire*.

MWahahahahaha!Burn baby burn!

Anyway,I can't wait to see what you get done.I've wanted a Tikal wad for awhile. And I thought the Knuckles based sprite wasn't that bad,but Dr. Pepper's sprite was definitely better.Almost.....official

at least TRY to make her look like tikal, her spines are WAY shorter than that, i'll see if i can help in any way

EDIT: Who likes My Character select pic?

Tikal_Pixel_Art___Srb2_by_James_The_Hedgehog.png

Try making her smiling, and rotate her to face her left. Otherwise good.

Edit: did it maself.

tikalbb7.png

Speedylizzard14 said:
at least TRY to make her look like tikal, her spines are WAY shorter than that, i'll see if i can help in any way

EDIT: Who likes My Character select pic?

Tikal_Pixel_Art___Srb2_by_James_The_Hedgehog.png

Ooooh... I like a lot!!! Anyways, back to working on her again while I'm free. And don't worry, I'm on it.

I'll Begin said:
Now watch as I make various guesses as to what this last reason is! :D

By all means, go ahead and guess. That doesni't necessarily mean I'll tell you if you're right. ;P

Seriously, stop editing an edit of a credits picture. It's lazy and doesn't look nearly as good as a original picture.

It's good, but it's not accurate enough to the real Tikal. It's obviously been edited from that character select pic for Dr Pepper's Amy.

Tikal's dreadlocks are longer than that, and she has two bumps on her head, rather than one like with Knuckles, that look like they're her eyebrows...

And another thing... I don't think it's a good idea to shade characters that way. It looks like it's been pillow shaded, especially with the mouthpart. Her shoes also seem to have no shading either, so shade them.

Also, why are her legs pink?

Calm yourself, zck. I've got a while before I'll decide on character select pic. So don't think I'm going to settle on a pic just yet.

Just thought I'd give a status on the wad. Obviously, I've changed gears and started the sprites using some of amy's sprites. I like what I see, but I wonder if it's worth fighting with her ears.

Now, two things I did not change from the original design was the crown and the dress. I worked too hard on that dress pattern to let it die. And the crown is on the outside of her dreads. I like it better that way for some reason.

EDIT: Ha! thanks, Iestyn! You just helped me earn 10 dollars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back