I nned help with my standing and falling actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, well I made my WAD< and now when I play, when it stands, it is set onto the screen: when it falls. And when it falls after jumping off a spring, the game gets jammed up and shuts down and comes up with a note saying: signal_Handler (): segment violation. Everything else is absolutely fine. If anyone knows why this could be, please let me know.

the exact same thnig happens to many people. If your using XWE, you have to find out how to allow lowercase lump names

You might check again: lowercase lump names
This error occurs if the first two (PLAYA + PLAYB) and the last two (PLAYa + PLAYb) frames are named the same way.

If it wasn't you who turned uppercase into lowercase accidentally you might check your lumpeditor's options again and rename the frames afterwards:

lowercaselumpnamerv2.png

EDIT: DAMN! asatar was a little faster ;)

Morph said:
This error occurs if the first two (PLAYA + PLAYB) and the last two (PLAYa + PLAYb) frames are named the same way.

If it wasn't you who turned uppercase into lowercase accidentally you might check your lumpeditor's options again and rename the frames afterwards:

lowercaselumpnamerv2.png

1. it's A-star (dang PHPBB no "-"s)
2. thanx I needed this

Edit:

!!!!! that box isn't there

srb2error2vw3.png

That's an option only present in the XWE beta. You should be able to download the exe from their website; give it a different name though, it's not as stable as the normal XWE.

Works with SLumpEd, too. However, if you re-open the WAD in SLumpEd, the lumps will be recapitalized.

(ONLY FOR SLumpEd USERS):
If you need to re-open and make other changes, first fix the capitalized lump names and then do your other changes.

Morph said:

lowercaselumpnamerv2.png

Okay, well, it dosen't come up with the comand not to allow uppecase letters.

OK, I kinda fixed it. I made it work better, but I can only play it in Multiplayer. If to play in Single player, the porfile pic will shut down because it is broken. ^_^' Well anyways, It is fine, but is anyone knows why my WAD picture on player select is broken, let me know. Everything else is working perfectly.
EDIT: My problem has Returned! I can't do the lowercase letter thing in the XP bar. It's strange. The lowercase letters change to uppercase letters when I shu down XWE. Why is that?

1. just temporaily take it out, see if anything else is wrong then put it back in

2. that happens to me... you have to configure that every time you open XWE

astar said:
1. just temporaily take it out, see if anything else is wrong then put it back in

2. that happens to me... you have to configure that every time you open XWE
Well, I can't! I open up XWE, and I try to change the Uppercase letters, but they will stay Capitals! Why is that?

I do it the hard way:

1. Download Hex Editor
2. Open the Wad in Hex Editor
3. Scroll down the right-hand data box
4. Manually change all of the capital A's and B's in the fall sprites to a's and b's.

It works for me.

Goober said:
I do it the hard way:

1. Download Hex Editor
4. Manually change all of the capital A's and B's in the fall sprites to a's and b's.

It works for me.
Ok. What verseion?

Dan_The_Hedgehog said:
Goober said:
I do it the hard way:

1. Download Hex Editor

It works for me.
Ok. What verseion?

I use this one:

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm

(Get 2.51)
The SRB2 Wiki used to mention it as the alternative, but I just looked and didn't see it.

Edit: The actual name of the thing is Hex-Editor XVI32. That may help to clarify (the shortcut and window say XVI32, but I just call it Hex Editor).

Goober said:
Dan_The_Hedgehog said:
Goober said:
I do it the hard way:

1. Download Hex Editor

It works for me.
Ok. What verseion?

I use this one:

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm

(Get 2.51)
The SRB2 Wiki used to mention it as the alternative, but I just looked and didn't see it.

Edit: The actual name of the thing is Hex-Editor XVI32. That may help to clarify (the shortcut and window say XVI32, but I just call it Hex Editor).
OK. It made it worse. Now when I try to play with my WAD, It comes up with this: R_InitSprites: Sprite PLAYAA! frame b is missing rotations.

That means that the 'b' rotation (Tails pickup) is missing sprites. You might have accidentally renamed one of the 'b' sprites to an 'a' sprite, or you could have accidentally removed it. Just reload the Wad, or one of the backups that XWE made (mine does, I assume yours does).

Also, make sure your not deleting the Hex Editor entry, and that your just clicking the "A" and "B" boxes and typing 'a' and 'b'.

Goober said:
That means that the 'b' rotation (Tails pickup) is missing sprites. You might have accidentally renamed one of the 'b' sprites to an 'a' sprite, or you could have accidentally removed it. Just reload the Wad, or one of the backups that XWE made (mine does, I assume yours does).

Also, make sure your not deleting the Hex Editor entry, and that your just clicking the "A" and "B" boxes and typing 'a' and 'b'.
No, well I checked again and nothing has been replaced. Bit it still dosen't work.

They it should be:

PLAYa1
PLAYa2a8
PLAYa3a7
PLAYa4a6
PLAYa5
PLAYb1
PLAYb2b8
PLAYb3b7
PLAYb4b6 and
PLAYb5

The added b/a# things account for mirrored sprites.

Ex:
PLAYb4b6 = PLAYb4 and PLAYb6.

That should fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back