PIX OR GTFO and Thread Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would presume so. If FF cracks down upon them, though, as he has been doing (alone) lately, then I have a feeling that you should ask nicely.

Daniel The Falcon said:
Is asking for screenshots nicely still allowed?

Yes. Unless there is a very clear description, or if the file contains music.

Example of how you can ask:
"Can you put up some screens? I'd like to know how fireicecavern.wad looks from the inside."

Example of how you shouldn't ask:
"OMG, U gimme pic, or i wont downlaod! PIX OR GTFO!"

As you might have noticed, you ask for screens if the wad sounds interesting, but you don't have much time on your hands to try the wad. So unless it seems good, you won't waste your time on it. If you say that you won't download without screens....well, you know.

FuriousFox said:
Lets get a few things straight.

1) Telling somone to GTFO for simply not providing screenshots is not acceptable. Screenshots are not required in the Releases forum (though we do encourage people to post them). If you don't like people not showing screenshots, then simply don't download what they're offering; don't yell at them for not doing what you want them to do.

2) Most of you who are reading this are not moderators. You do not have the power to lock topics, or to decide when a thread is over. We don't allow people to say "Lock" in a topic, so I'm not going to allow "Thread Over" or any other equivalent either.

I've been going pretty easy on people that use these two phrases, but it ends now. "PIX OR GTFO" will be treated as Trolling, and "Thread Over" will be considered Backseat Moderating.

Edit: Repeated words. Fixed.

Other then those warnings for incorrect spelling, I thank you very much for making this post FuriousFox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back