• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Geothermal volcano 2.0 remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

verifiaman

The master of verification.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ekyn4f This is a remake of one of the worst levels i ever made.

Here are some screenshots:
srb20012.png

srb20011.png

If anyon has any suggestions please ask.

Geothermal Volcano Remake: 1/10
Okay, just to refresh my memory, I played the original 1.09.4 version...and you're right, it was terrible. I couldn't even find my way to the end.

Then I fired up this new level and started playing. First of all, how is this a remake of Geothermal Volcano? It's a completely different level. Anyway, we get through a few cramped passages with some gimmicks which serve only a visual purpose, and a combination of ERZ and RVZ textures which is passable but really bland.

And then we get to an open lava tunnel. The invisible FOF that makes the rails solid is too high, and it can be thokked through anyway. Then I fall in the lava and OH MY GOD IT'S NOT LAVA IT'S SLIME IN DISGUISE WITH A REALLY REALLY WEAK COLORMAP!!! I frantically scramble around on the bottom; surely Verifiaman had done the courtesy of providing a spring to get out of the lava. No such luck. It's impossible to get out. So I die and try again. This time I get past the lava and get treated to a few boring jumps and more mediocre visuals, and then what the hell? You have an Exit Sector right before the first Star Post. I get warped to GFZ2 without getting to try any more of the level. But I don't have high hopes for it.

Fix those things and then I'll give it another whirl.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back