Armageddon Shield Thokitem Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE GOOD NEWS: There is a way to do it, I think. Can't remember what sprite it is, but you could probably find it on the Wiki.
THE BAD NEWS: As far as I know, just setting that shield as the thokitem WILL NOT MEAN that there will be an explosion every time you thok. The shield will just briefly appear, then vanish. If you want an explosive thok, you'll need to do some soccing.

Quite possible really, but seeing as I don't want EVERYONE to see how to do it, please PM me for instructions.

I was wondering if it was possible to set the powers of the armageddon shield to my single player only character as an ability separate from his homing thok? (Maybe have the explosion instead of the spindash or ringsling?) If it's possible and you feel uncomfortable with posting it here you can email me at flashrogers@live.ca. Please reply to this comment before you email me. I hope you can help me. (P.S. This character I'm working on will not be released anywhere and is only meant for single player mode. If it is released then I won't tell anyone where or what it is!)

flashrogers said:
I was wondering if it was possible to set the powers of the armageddon shield to my single player only character as an ability separate from his homing thok? (Maybe have the explosion instead of the spindash or ringsling?) If it's possible and you feel uncomfortable with posting it here you can email me at flashrogers@live.ca. Please reply to this comment before you email me. I hope you can help me. (P.S. This character I'm working on will not be released anywhere and is only meant for single player mode. If it is released then I won't tell anyone where or what it is!)

That is REALLY cheap of a special ability.

Jellybones69 said:
So? It's for himself, so why not help?

The armadeggon shield's entry number thingamajigger is 2018.

So I type this into spinitem and when I use the spindash the explosion will happen? The reason I'm attempting this is because I'm trying to recreate the light attack from SADX and SA2Battle, which is aquired once getting the ancient light. P.S.: I know it's cheap, I just want to try it out and see if it works.

Jellybones69 said:
The armadeggon shield's entry number thingamajigger is 2018.

Hey Jellybones69, I just checked the wiki and apparently the entry number isn't what I enter into the entry in the skin. I appreciate the thought though! (I only remembered about the wiki 1 minute ago! I guess my bad memory is starting to kick in! Though it still doesn't really explain how to get the effect I want.)
> <
^
EDIT:
Ok are people ignoring my question for a reason? Jellybones, I aplogize if I just hurt your feelings by accident. I honestly didn't mean it. Anyways I 've been doing some reasearch and I have a theory that the explosion of the shield is the DEATHSTATE is it not? If my theory is missing something please let me know (like if sprites or the use of soccing is required). P.S. For some reason the soc editor closes whenever I try to access the things section. Anyone care to explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back