How to adjust Thing height in DB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate

a scar in time...
Hi guys, sorry for asking another question so soon! I can't figure out how to adjust Thing heights in DB2. I want to make rings that float up in the air, but I don't see any option to adjust the height. Could someone help me out?
I'm using Violo's SRB2 2.0.6 DB2 config.

Well, if you open the selected things menu, there's a box that says Z position. Just like X position is left to right, and Y position is forward and backwards, Z position is up and down. If you want to put a thing in the air, just type the number of how many frac-units high you want it to be into the box.
HOWEVER... Don't do that for rings, that would be a waste of time. Just click the Float Flag and it will automatically be suspended in the air the default ring amount.

Is this what it's supposed to look like? I don't see a z-coordinate, and I don't see a float option.

db.png

Doom Builder 2 is not SRB2 friendly. Unfortunately. It doesn't render FOFs in 3D mode and additional thing flags don't work too.

If I'm not wrong, DB2 is open-source, isn't it? Well, we could adapt DB2 so we can use it for SRB2 mapping.

Last edited:
Why don't you use the SRB2 specific version of DoomBuilder?

That's what I use, and it looks different than the one you're using.

It's at this website.
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0569864/

Look there's a list of things that version does that others don't. One of them is z positioning.

I've been using the SRB2 specific version since I started I don't know why you wouldn't.

Note: If for some reason that isn't the current version or something, sorry. I haven't been to that site in a while.

Ah, thanks everyone. I've switched to the SRB2 Builder, and everything's working fine now :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back