Flipped Objects with Bad Sprite Offsets..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitoko

Well.. I was working on a Capture The Flag level this night (It's secret progress) when I found a problem with gravity-flipped springs. They function properly, but look weird as their sprite penetrated into the ground (Which is technically a ceiling) instead of out of the floor (Ceiling again)

Here are some ordinary springs.
srb20006.png

And now, some gravity-flipped springs..
srb20007.png

And odd as they look, they still function like normal springs. Here they are in action!
srb20008.png

So yeah. I'm looking for a workaround to this. Maybe it's a bug that will be quick-fixed in 2.1? I don't know. But until something is done, my reverse gravity springs will look awful weird.

That's an unavoidable OpenGL bug, it's been there since reverse gravity existed. Don't worry about it, there's no workaround and it will look fine in Software mode.

Last edited:
As Katmint said, use software for now. Despite what it may look like, software is basicall OVER 9000 (sorry) times better than OpenGL at this point. It even looks better in many situations, which sounds weird but is true.

EDIT: This happens with ALL sprites. Also, there is a thing called ceiling spring, I suggest you use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back