How to use Slade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowKitty11

Not related to the Nyan Cat
I'm so confused, I want to make a wad and I have already chosen the pallete to Sonic and the base resource to srb2.srb. And now I don't know what to do! And I have already done all the sprites! I don't know where to start from here, I've already got the S_SKIN1 and OBJCTCFG written in notepad. Somebody please help.. This is really hard for me and please explain to me in the most basic of ways.

How I always start is by clicking the "create a new empty entry" button torwards the top of the program window. Then when a new entry is created, I rename it to the appropriate name and then right click the entry. Then I just import the needed file, simple as that! (Note: Remember to right-click images afterwards to convert them to doom format.)

I'm so confused, I want to make a wad and I have already chosen the pallete to Sonic and the base resource to srb2.srb. And now I don't know what to do! And I have already done all the sprites! I don't know where to start from here, I've already got the S_SKIN1 and OBJCTCFG written in notepad. Somebody please help.. This is really hard for me and please explain to me in the most basic of ways.

I'll guess with the fact that all your files have the correct file name (S_SKIN1, OBJECTCFG, and all the sprites files called NAMEAx.)
To answer to what I understood, you're now supposed to import these files in a wad, so create the wad (with Slade) by going in File > New > Wad archive.
Import your sprites, texts, and other entries with Archive > Import files.

Oh, I'm sorry, it's just SB2 wiki links have been posted instead if actual suggestions, I assumed posting a link to it would solve any problem.

The problem is that there's no tutorial for SLADE on SRB2Wiki. I believe there was one in the making but never finished.

Question: In the S_SKIN 1 do I import the actual notepad file or do I just copy what it says? Or would either way work?

I'll guess with the fact that all your files have the correct file name (S_SKIN1, OBJECTCFG, and all the sprites files called NAMEAx.)
To answer to what I understood, you're now supposed to import these files in a wad, so create the wad (with Slade) by going in File > New > Wad archive.
Import your sprites, texts, and other entries with Archive > Import files.

Wouldn't that make another wad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back