Super SRB2 Kart Z =NOT EXACTLY CANCELED=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, most gba ports are ugly, like the cloud one (i forgot its damn name).

And thats a very great idea, I'll Begin.

uhhh... Now that you mention it, yes, yes i did. I guess i'll just delete the post. XD

EDIT: For some strange reason, the phone im using wont let me delete posts.

Last edited:
You can't delete posts unless you're the last post in the thread. The real solution is to stop posting unless you have something to add to the discussion.

As for removing ports, I don't mean to equalise the rotation, I mean in addition to adding more originals. Ports to the SRB2 engine in general are a bad idea due to its limitations.

Ports originally came about for one reason; to get maps out quickly during Kart's infancy. It sure as hell worked, and I doubt Kart would be where ti is now without them. Now, the only reason we HAVE so many is to make a full 4 cups. None of them need to be deleted, but no more need to be added.

If anything, we COULD make the lousy looking ones look nicer (Several people volunteered to fix places like Delfino Plaza and Donut Plains 3, but I think only one person ever did anything and I don't even remember what), but we should focus on generating new maps. But good luck with that, since as you might have guessed, interest in Kart is dead.

Thanks to Mediafire being stupid, the source code has gone missing.

If anyone has the source from the most recent release, please say so, or else Kart may be dead.

Any release at 12.04.17 or above is fine as well. Whatever we can get that's late in April!

I'm pretty sure I downloaded the source code before, but I don't remember how long ago -- what was the file name on it?

Edit:
1. Yeah, I found one - but it's pretty old (looks to be around 2/8/2012). Do you want it?
2. The filename was " SRB2KartSource.rar" - would that be the name of the future releases too?

Last edited:
ZarroTsu has decided to stop working on SRB2Kart Z, and has allowed me to be the new head for it's development. So, until we get things sorted out, you might not see an update for SRB2Kart for a long while.

This will be news to all about who is actively developing the project.

Programming: Sp47 and Kitoko (And ZarroTsu if he chooses to return)
Spriting: Iceman404
Soccing: Badnik
Mapping: Kitoko, Blade, K.OT.E., Cyber
Resource files: Iceman404, Kitoko, Sryder13
If I missed your name, DON't REPLY! PM me instead about it.

If you would also like to help, feel free to contact us.

Additionally, we have a channel to get games together as well as discuss parts of the game! Oh and not to mention you can help too, suggestions are widely appreciated! Just visit us at #srb2kart at irc.esper.net via your favoured IRC client.

Last edited:
We already have lots and lots of ports. What we really need is original levels. (Like Cloud Tops, in your case Chaotic.)

Will there be Blue Shells?
I hope there will be blue shells. It would be nice if it were like the one from MKDD+ but MK64 is fine.
(I still think red shells should follow the track, like they normally do... getting a red shell in 5th place with no one around you doesn't help at all....)

We haven't got any way of following the track yet, otherwise there would be bots.

Blue Lightning functions like Blue Shells, for now.

Well, I've been away for quite some time due to Uni stuff, and to hear that there's been a change to the project lead is... well, somewhat unsuprising. Still, I think it's time I ended my hitus of not visiting IRC channels so that I can keep up-to-date with this pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back