Chess board zone BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfire

its my 1st level im releasing. its small at the moment, but makes fun, frantic battles. I plan to make many traditional board games into battle areas.

please post ideas on other game boards i could make, and ill put them all together for a board game special!

CHESS BOARD BETA:http://www.sendspace.com/file/jthsmt
this 1st one is the actual level.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/knjsjn
the 2nd link is a SOC that is needed for the level to work properly-if anyone could tell me how to 'combine' the level and soc before the game board's final release, i would be vey grateful.

Dude, all 5 weapon rings in 1 match map = BAD.
Meh, I give it a 4/10.
Positives
Thok Barrier
Scenery
Descent Rings for the size
Negatives
Small
Cramped
All five weapon rings is a big no no.

To add the soc, which is actually a level header, open the soc in notepad, open the level in XWE, in notepad(The soc) Copy (Highlight and press CTRL + C at the same time) Make a new lump in XWE called MAINCFG. Paste what you copied (CTRL + V) Test the level, and see what happens

Just as CrazyChaosChao111 said, it is VERY cramped. There is enough room to fit mybe 16 Sonics in there without them steping on each other. Also, all of the weppon rings in one level AND so close together too. Make the level MUCH bigger. Positive side: Thok barrier.

Well...
I wouldn't call a thok-barrier a positive point. It is more an absolute basic requirement every map should fulfil.

Having a thok-barrier doesn't make your map good, but having no one makes it bad. :wink:

no screen shots? i mean i like the level, but no screenshots? and 5 weapon rings is bad. imagine bomb-homing-auto-unlinited-rail. any combo is very lethal.

Morph said:
Well...
I wouldn't call a thok-barrier a positive point. It is more an absolute basic requirement every map should fulfil.

Having a thok-barrier doesn't make your map good, but having no one makes it bad. :wink:

Well yeah, but the newbies never know how to make thok barriers, so they call it positive points for them.

ok guys. ill get rid of 1 of the ring weapons. to be honest, i thought it was stupid when i tested it.

remember this is my 1st realese and its going to get bigger, i actually used it to show my friend how to make match levels when i was at school.

also, i don't think the green hill music suited it very well. do you have any suggestions on what music i should use?

thanks- Darkfire

Darkfire said:
also, i don't think the green hill music suited it very well. do you have any suggestions on what music i should use?
Chess needs quiet, so a quiet tune would be nice.

okay, im just adding the finishing touches {i hope}

as you can imagine, making all those little squares takes forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back