• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A Real Kirby in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Mah Boi

(actually hyperson)
kirby2w.png

Well? What do you think?
Positive feedback + Is it better / worse than others?

Jellybones said:
What do you mean REAL?
Also, only the front and back frames are good. Fix the other ones.
Rather empty critique, don't you think?

Here's what I think is wrong. The left foot on the FrontSide angle is not aligned with the other foot, and both of them are too small. Also, the eyes need to slant with his ball-like form.
His arms are a bit messed up and need to be cleaned up a bit. His far arm shouldn't even be visible.
The Side angle, Kirby's just too small! The puffball has to be the same size all the way around.
On the RearSide, you have the size issue along with inconsistent shading on the arms. His feet are also way off, the far one needs to be moved over to the side and the other longer.

Jellybones said:
What do you mean REAL?
Also, only the front and back frames are good. Fix the other ones.

If you say broken feet is good then OK.

You have to reverse the feet so they face up.

Scizor's looked happier, but overall, I have to say that this one looks better. Just slap a happier face on it and fix the size/feet in some frames and it'll be just fine. Keep it up.

I'll be happy has long as a version of kirby comes out, just as long as people don't keep trading jobs making it never get done.

The shading is a bit over the top, and isn't consistent in all of the frames.

That's my main complaint. Don't make the dark shading so thick, and it's probably a good idea to get rid of the light green on the arms.

It would be wise if you actually used the red/pink colorset on these sprites, instead of green, so you know how they look like.

Needing green for color-changing sprites is a myth...

Autosaver, the shading looks alot like the light source is above him, could you specify how it doesn't look that way?

By adding a bottom 'reflecting the ground' light source. Kirby right now looks like he is sporting a beard.

You could rework the shading with some depth like this
kirbyshading.png

See? Although it is a bit bright and the eyes don't contrast well with the highlight here (I forgot a few shade pixels for above the eye), it reads more depth to the eye more like a ball than a flat pog, thanks to careful light sourcing..

a bee said:
By adding a bottom 'reflecting the ground' light source. Kirby right now looks like he is sporting a beard.

You could rework the shading with some depth like this
kirbyshading.png

See? Although it is a bit bright and the eyes don't contrast well with the highlight here (I forgot a few shade pixels for above the eye), it reads more depth to the eye more like a ball than a flat pog, thanks to careful light sourcing..

HOLY CARP. The only thing is better is Chrispy's work.

Now that sir, kicks ass. Finally. I've always wanted a wad like that. With a little slight lighting source on the bottom. I tried it on a wad I was progressing before, but I'm lazy at drawing. :P

Also, the arms on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th frames, look like his muscles dropped down to hands or something. Some sort of sack. (LOLNO. Not that one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back