• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A Real Kirby in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scizor300 said:
Autosaver, the shading looks alot like the light source is above him, could you specify how it doesn't look that way?

I said the lightsource is on top of him. :p Look at the post below yours to make it look right.

a bee said:
kirbyshading.png

PLEASE MAKE WADS

There is still a flaw with this Kirby, the arms, they should be semi-circles not long ear-like things. I mean I believe in K64 or something in that era he had arms like that, but it looked odd. Semi-circles would look better.

Link Mah Boi said:
kirby2w.png

Well? What do you think?
Positive feedback + Is it better / worse than others?

Actually it looks like you edited my kirby by shrinking it and editing the mouth.

141l011.jpg

a bee said:

HOLY SNAP.

I think Chrispy and Senku got pwned in the shading department. Hard.

Outline's too solid (not THAT much of a problem but still), and the mouth shouldn't be smiling the whole time (it's usually a dot which is is mouth), but otherwise THAT should be the shading of kirby at ALL TIMES. :O

Genius is among us and he is a bee.

Senku Nolia said:
There is still a flaw with this Kirby, the arms, they should be semi-circles not long ear-like things. I mean I believe in K64 or something in that era he had arms like that, but it looked odd. Semi-circles would look better.

IMO they should just be trimmed up a little bit. Semi Circles don't look too much like Kirby's arms (look at Brawl Kirby) and IMO don't look good for something like Kirby in general.

Anyway... yeah.

Hyper Shadic X said:
Link Mah Boi said:
kirby2w.png

Well? What do you think?
Positive feedback + Is it better / worse than others?

Actually it looks like you edited my kirby by shrinking it and editing the mouth.

141l011.jpg

a bee said:

HOLY SNAP.

I think Chrispy and Senku got pwned in the shading department. Hard.

Outline's too solid (not THAT much of a problem but still), and the mouth shouldn't be smiling the whole time (it's usually a dot which is is mouth), but otherwise THAT should be the shading of kirby at ALL TIMES. :O

Genius is among us and he is a bee.

Senku Nolia said:

IMO they should just be trimmed up a little bit. Semi Circles don't look too much like Kirby's arms (look at Brawl Kirby) and IMO don't look good for something like Kirby in general.

Anyway... yeah.
I based it off yours.

Chrispy said:
I'm sorry, what?
I was never involved in this, why is everyone hating on me?

They're not hating on you. They're saying the best sprite shader (you) got PWNED.

EDIT:

Link Mah Boi said:
*stuff*
I based it off yours.

More like shrunk mine. *shot*

Chrispy said:
I'm sorry, what?

The moment people stop saying nice things, he's being "hated" on. :p

But really, nobody's "hating" on you. You're one of the better spriters around here and a bee made an OHMYGODSEXY sprite, so that's why people are saying "pwned" and stoof.

I sure am getting a lot of praise just for showing the basics of light and shading I learned in high school. :S

a bee said:
I sure am getting a lot of praise just for showing the basics of light and shading I learned in high school. :S

You got it cause the sprite was so kinky. Look at that lighting, it's, man, godly.

You should make wads. :<

Hyper Shadic X said:
Chrispy said:
I'm sorry, what?

They're not hating on you. They're saying the best sprite shader (you) got PWNED.
Just because he used a reflected light on a sprite doesn't mean I'm pwned. Reflected light doesn't work well in SRB2 because you can't effect how the sprites react to its surroundings, so it wouldn't look right most the time. And that most sprites are too small for the effect, this Kirby just happens to be large.

Considering the engine isn't even realistic to begin with, I think reflecting light (from the should-be-visible ground) is fine. It's just if you reflect it too much and abuse it beyond the subtlety it'll end up looking chromey. There's no right or wrong way to shade a sprite, though there are definitely bad methods on shading anything.

On this Kirby it should be fine, but most other sprites are too small and complex for it so it wouldn't work either way. I tried messing around with it back when I was making the first sprite for SonicCE.

filio said:
inb4 1snt h3 supp0s3d t0 b3 p1nk

i think it would be nice if you used just plain english letters >.>

anyway,
i like the kirby,
i would personally use it :)
i think a bee's shading also looks superb on it,
but i don't know how it would look in the darker stages .

SnowPrincess said:
filio said:
inb4 1snt h3 supp0s3d t0 b3 p1nk

i think it would be nice if you used just plain english letters >.>

anyway,
i like the kirby,
i would personally use it :)
i think a bee's shading also looks superb on it,
but i don't know how it would look in the darker stages .
Actually Most people make their character the base color of green, because if you put like certain values and info into the main configuration of the Wad File itself, srb2 will automatically color the Character. So yeah it wont be green. (hopefully >.<)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back