SRB2 netplay speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIGH, i clearly am aware of this cue i was saying if windows wants to update whilst your in a online match then what will you do?. Also these was only suggestions how to make your internet run faster.

OMG Everyone get that TCP Optimiser as it speeded my internet on by like 50 or so, ill get some imagers as proof in about 5 minuites.

Before use -

After use -

Now do you belive me?

~silvex

super silvex said:
Cue said:
Funny, last I checked, 20% of 4000 was 800, so explain why I get 3900 out of 4000kb/s if Microsoft 'keeps' 20% of it?
It only uses it if its updating etc.... hence why its called reserved bandwidth -.-
That's a load of crap. I have a 5 mbps downstream, 2 mbps upstream connection, and I get the full 625 KB/s download and 256 KB/s upload if the server I'm connected to can handle it. Microsoft isn't stealing your bandwidth. If your upload is being gimped that badly, I suggest you check to see if there is any spyware on your computer.

Mystic said:
super silvex said:
Cue said:
Funny, last I checked, 20% of 4000 was 800, so explain why I get 3900 out of 4000kb/s if Microsoft 'keeps' 20% of it?
It only uses it if its updating etc.... hence why its called reserved bandwidth -.-
That's a load of crap. I have a 5 mbps downstream, 2 mbps upstream connection, and I get the full 625 KB/s download and 256 KB/s upload if the server I'm connected to can handle it. Microsoft isn't stealing your bandwidth. If your upload is being gimped that badly, I suggest you check to see if there is any spyware on your computer.
Ok you win, and yes i just had to restart my computer in order to regain my pc speed, also i just heared that from another forum. Next time i'll try it before posting but at least my TCP Optimizer does actualy work.

Download link for the TCP Optimizer - http://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe

257332095.png

This is my home connection. Much worse than my connection at school.

Mystic said:
super silvex said:
Cue said:

It could also be a program running in the background. Which you can check by going to Start > Run and type msconfig then hit OK. Now check these tabs out the Startup tab(for start up programs) and the services tab(for services). Check them for unneeded programs and services. Now all you do is unmark the ones you don't need and if you don't know what those programs/services are. You can all was look them up on google.

Note: There are many services that are windows. So be careful.

JRose said:
Mystic said:
super silvex said:
Cue said:

It could also be a program running in the background. Which you can check by going to Start > Run and type msconfig then hit OK. Now check these tabs out the Startup tab(for start up programs) and the services tab(for services). Check them for unneeded programs and services. Now all you do is unmark the ones you don't need and if you don't know what those programs/services are. You can all was look them up on google.

Note: There are many services that are windows. So be careful.
Note: I do know about back ground applications, also that would be hard for a computer that has just had windows re-installed on it and has no programs on it - . - . I also am fully aware what reserved means cue and i do know that you still get the full connection mystic, microsoft will on SOME versions of windows reserve part of your connection for when it need to update etc...

Changing your tone now, huh? Both XP and Vista have this feature set to 20% at default, there are only a few here *cough*Senku*cough* that have anything older than that, others are using a Mac or Linux.

Cue said:
Changing your tone now, huh? Both XP and Vista have this feature set to 20% at default, there are only a few here *cough*Senku*cough* that have anything older than that, others are using a Mac or Linux.

Uh. Senku has a better computer now and it runs Windows 2000. AJ uses Windows 2000 as well.

Cue said:
You'll be suprised how often I use my 95 and 98 to play SRB2...
I still use XP the most anyways...

Sonict said:
Cue said:

Uh. Senku has a better computer now and it runs Windows 2000. AJ uses Windows 2000 as well.

XP & Vista != older than 2000.

Cue said:
Sonict said:
Cue said:

XP & Vista != older than 2000.
Actualy windows 2000 is far better to use with srb2 than XP and Vista as it doesn't use as much cpu and processor speed as vista and xp.

If SRB2 is eating up enough of your CPU to make it run slowly, you have a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back