Custom Homing Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkBones

As you may or may not know, I'm working on a custom character who has a homing attack, but I noticed when there is no enemy in range, the homing attack will become a thok instead. I need a custom homing attack so that instead he'll use a different ability. I've tried looking though the object actions and the Shadow wad from SF94, but I still can't figure out how I would make one. Any suggestions?

Well, you could SOC the thokitem (which is spawned from the homing attack as well as the thok) so it makes the character perform a custom ability, like Hinote's double jump. The problem with that is, though, that the character will also perform that ability after finishing a homing attack. For example, if you SOCed a stomp attack for when there's no nearby target, the character would also stomp after hitting their target if there is one nearby.

Yeah, I was referring to the technical side of the soccing, I know that using it as the thok item would do it. But since the stomp would be used directly after the homing attack, I guess I'm better off sticking with the vanilla homing and being slightly inaccurate to the original design...

...also, how did you know I was trying to combine the homing attack and stomp?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back