Strafe on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning-Fox

Does not approve of rails.
Honestly, I dunno where to put this. But...

There used to be a thing called "strafe on". There's a couple of people I know used to use it quite a lot; why was it removed from 2.1 exactly? People get adapted to certain control schemes, that "strafe on" thing is one of them. Is it able to be added back in at all, or what? ._. I mean sure, it's a purely optional thing, but why take it out if it's what some people ACTUALLY legitimately use?

It was removed because it could be exploited to bypass the acceleration limits if you knew what you were doing.

The acceleration limits are completely broken now, though. And you can just use a thok to get to max speed instantly as Sonic, I don't see why that's an issue.

Wait, you're saying that because something's broken anyway, you should add things that exploit the broken behaviour?

Um, I don't think that's how it works...

Shouldn't really remove something that people actually use as their default control scheme just because of a little bug that "breaks" something that's broken anyway, is what I'm saying.

Two wrongs don't make a right can apply heavily here.

Something being part of a default control scheme for people doesn't make it okay to use, nor if what it does is a "little bug", as you put it. It's still a problem, and thankfully it was fixed.

However, if you want to use your arrow keys as strafe keys (assuming that's what you want to do), you can just change them in the "setup controls" menu.

Strafe on makes you switch between them being strafe keys or turning keys. Although it's for the duration you hold it, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back